DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
So travel to communist country... fly a drone... go to prison.. hmmm would have never guessed it.

Go to Spain, fly a drone, get a $300,000 fine. It's about learning before you go.

I just got back from Cuba and used my Mavic extensively. As long as you're not reckless and conscious of your surroundings, you shouldn't have a problem. I didn't. The guy you mention who went to jail flew his drone over the headquarters of the cuban military police and other important government offices. Pretty sure you'd go to jail for the doing the same thing over the pentagon or white house.

Reactions: Snoweman
I agree. The problem is knowing where the bad flying places are. You could be flying along the beach and not know there's a navy base nearby. Yes, this could happen anywhere. But, it's best to do a lot of research first.

I'm sorry this guy endured this but there is no way I would ever fly my drone in a country like Cuba - reckless in my opinion. It is like the student who stole a North Korean propaganda poster in North Korea!! He is still in jail I believe. When not in the USA learn the laws and follow them - simple.

I just got back from Cuba and used my Mavic extensively. As long as you're not reckless and conscious of your surroundings, you shouldn't have a problem. I didn't. The guy you mention who went to jail flew his drone over the headquarters of the cuban military police and other important government offices. Pretty sure you'd go to jail for the doing the same thing over the pentagon or white house.
Hi,
So you didn’t have any trouble both at the airport and flying around?
Did they see it at the airport?
Thanks
Mich

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quakzopas