DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Custom case arrived today for M2P

AeroMirage

Reactions
Anyone wanting a custom case made, Mycasebuilder is an excellent source.
I designed my own case and got it in 2 weeks.
Total delivered was $274.00. That includes a $35 upgrade for better foam and $8.99 do-over insurance.
(For $8.99 they offer re-cutting if your item doesn't fit, they will make it over one time.)
I feel the upgraded foam was well worth it and the $8.99 insurance ended up not being needed due to very careful measuring.
They have a nice interactive 3D design template which took some getting used to, but ended up working well.
No longer do I have to fold my M2P or breakdown the Remote to store it. Run-N-Gun!!

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 181
  • a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 195
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 189
  • a4.JPG
    a4.JPG
    827.4 KB · Views: 180
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 163
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 164
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 167
That is one expensive case. Is it scratch proof? It looks very good, I hope it can take some real abuse.

Now you just need to sell that design to someone else on here. So they do not make a mistake with measuring when doing theirs.

I don't have it in front of me to be sure but from memory it looks very much like this is the same box used by GPC.

Im very happy with my GPC cases.

I had thought it might be nice to have the foam cut so the M2 can be packed with arms deployed. I even played around in rhino looking at how I might configure the foam (I have CNC routers so could easily machine it out) but didn't like how much storage space is lost.

I like what you have come up with though- nice!!!

Edit- with the case now- yours is a lot bigger than the GPC I have, can just get an IPAD pro under the foam.9B58DFBB-4BA8-4735-988E-5614FFD3001D.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a case that I got from Harbor Freight. I ordered the foam from mycasebuilder because I did not like the way the pick and pluck looked. Should be here Friday. I will share when it gets here.

Thanks! It is the same case that GPC uses. They always use SKB cases and they make the foam interior.
I have had custom cases made by GPC which were excellent but the lead time is very long so I decided to try one on my own.
Here is a case I had GPC make for my Mavic Air rig. Excellent, but it took 3 months to get it!
It is bigger, but still fits on the front seat of my car well. Still smaller than Phantom 4 case was.
Plus, I can leave the CrystalSky on the RC.

Attachments

• 8a.jpg
    8a.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 8b.jpg
    8b.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
That’s sweet. I cnc’d my Mavic Air case but couldn’t fit my M2P design on the small CNC I have access to so I went with caseclub. I got really frustrated with mycasebuilder’s interface and caseclub would take my DXF files. About the same price (tiny bit less) with an SKB 1813-5 case. It should be ready end of the week so we’ll see how it all comes out. I wanted to fit my M2P + 4 batts + flymore extras + 7.85” CrystalSky and its batts and charger so the GPC case wouldn’t work. But it’s close!

Looks like mycasebuilder are smart- they get you to do the CAD/CAM for them with their design app. Probably one click at their end to spit out the tool path.

Looks like mycasebuilder are smart- they get you to do the CAD/CAM for them with their design app. Probably one click at their end to spit out the tool path.
Yeah. Smart indeed. When I ordered a custom case from GPC, I provided them with carefully thought out, accurate diagrams and still had to pay a $75.00 'engineering' fee.

I don't have it in front of me to be sure but from memory it looks very much like this is the same box used by GPC.

Im very happy with my GPC cases.

I had thought it might be nice to have the foam cut so the M2 can be packed with arms deployed. I even played around in rhino looking at how I might configure the foam (I have CNC routers so could easily machine it out) but didn't like how much storage space is lost.

I like what you have come up with though- nice!!!

Edit- with the case now- yours is a lot bigger than the GPC I have, can just get an IPAD pro under the foam.

What type of foam did you use?

The Pro Cell II was an upgrade and I feel well worth it.
It is slightly denser than the standard ester foam, which is what GPC uses.
Smaller cells and slightly firmer. Feels velvety smoothish.

I have given mycasebuilder permission to share the design at no charge.
I believe in sharing information.
Very kind of you.
I want to layout a custom case that will have my M2P, RC, Props, 3 batteries, AC charger, charging hub (not really needed) but going to anyway, Marco Polo and charger.
I will source a hard case for carry-on based on X-Y-Z needs and carry-on limitations
Did you have to do a 3D layout (exact shape and depth)? I assume so.
IF you want a staggered depth, just draw the line and indicate depth and variance?
My Titan Switch is in it's custom case from Titan but because it has LiPo batteries I have it in my carry-on back-pack with iPad and other electronics under seat. Airlines allow for carry-on and personal item.

How did I ever exist 45 years ago when the 8-Track player was leading edge technology?

Yes, a 3-d rendering is needed. To do staggered depth you pile the outlines on top of each other, each having a specified depth.
It can all be done on their site with the design template. It is a bit tricky to work with but with some practice becomes easier.
First image shows the profiles stacked and the second shows the 3-D rendering.

Attachments

• zzzzzp.JPG
    zzzzzp.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 43
  • zzzzzq.JPG
    zzzzzq.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Reactions: Turn11
I finally was able to unite my M2P with my custom case from Case Club. I'm really impressed with @AeroMirage's design and layout (and patience) with the online tools he used. I sent dxf's to CaseClub and they cut the foam for me. I was going to source the case elsewhere, but they gave me a price on the SKB 1813-5 that I couldn't beat. As always, there are a few tweaks I'd make (to my design) if I'd had a prototype cycle, but I'm perfectly happy with the results. The CrystalSky stows in the recess on top of the CS battery, charger and accessories pocket - if that's not obvious.

IMG_1642.jpg

I finally was able to unite my M2P with my custom case from Case Club. I'm really impressed with @AeroMirage's design and layout (and patience) with the online tools he used. I sent dxf's to CaseClub and they cut the foam for me. I was going to source the case elsewhere, but they gave me a price on the SKB 1813-5 that I couldn't beat. As always, there are a few tweaks I'd make (to my design) if I'd had a prototype cycle, but I'm perfectly happy with the results. The CrystalSky stows in the recess on top of the CS battery, charger and accessories pocket - if that's not obvious.

IMG_1642.jpg
Nice rig!

Here is my lay out for my M2P. This is for travel. Yes, those are Carbon Fiber Blades. Everything I need. Foam from ( Mycasebuilder )

Attachments

• New Case 1.jpe
    New Case 1.jpe
    256 KB · Views: 20
  • New Case 2.jpe
    New Case 2.jpe
    280.5 KB · Views: 18
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads