DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

D-LOG or not D-LOG!?

dacoco

Reactions
Hi,

for the next holiday i'm not sure if i should record D-LOG or CINELIKE or just keep the default settings.
I have the .400 Firmware which is kind of old and i know D-LOG changed a couple of firmwares later. But due to possible upcoming restrictions i don't want to update. And also not because i can't afford it to send it in for repair if something doesn't work afterwards (meaning afford time - not money).

I had a Phantom 3 Pro before and D-LOG was perfectly usable with Adobe Premiere and i liked the result.
But with the Mavic D-LOG the results weren't that good (perhaps because of the Mavic, perhaps because of my basic color correction knowledge).

Would you recommend (old firmware) D-LOG anyway or would you better use the default settings?
I often read that the advantages of D-LOG aren't really usable on the Mavic and you maybe loose more than you win. The last footage i edited was D-LOG and it worked but the shadows were very blurred out and hard to recover.

So what would you recommend? What do you use? All LUTs i tried were way too agressive at 100% and i loosed detail all the way.

Attached you find a bad picture recorded with not as much light but in D-LOG. Then i tried to color correct it by myself in Premiere and i tried to use a LUT. All results aren't great but i don't know if they would have been better with the default settings.

Thanks
Daniel

Attachments

• dloglut.jpg
    dloglut.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 35
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members