DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dangerous Drone Flying

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in my street always breaking the 20mph speed limit zone no point telling them off let them learn the hard way.
Just like speed camera too they drive 50-60 mph and slow down to 25mph the White lines after the white line back to 50-60mph reckless speeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q Jones
I'm disappearing off this topic - there are so many idiotic comments that I find myself getting annoyed. Actually, more than annoyed - fearful. Our 'hobby' is going to end up being banned, not because of the many but because of the few. The few who seem incapable of reading, understanding or even caring about the 'rules' already imposed. "I break the law nearly every time I fly - who cares?" "Let's see how high we can get with these!" "So what? He flew towards a (crowded) city centre, no one died!" The level of ignorance is frightening, the total lack of responsibility from so many involved in our hobby is depressing. The rules are there for a reason, if we ALL break them then they will simply introduce ever more stringent ones. Which will be enforced by those keen to kill off the entire industry, who have become so antagonistic towards us all - because of the aforementioned few. And their total abandonment of personal responsibility. Depressing thought...

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

That's a good point. You can do just as much damage with a box of fireworks as a small drone. And they're also more unsociable than the average drone, unless it's Nov 5th (uk)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i think the government makes so much revenue on fireworks November 5th and New Year's Day.

The trend in Europe is to ban drones, most of Scandinavia are discussing this and the EASA have proposed new laws....

The discussion is about 'dangerous drone flying' not cars, Thanks for the historic analogy though.

I'm disappearing off this topic - there are so many idiotic comments that I find myself getting annoyed. Actually, more than annoyed - fearful. Our 'hobby' is going to end up being banned, not because of the many but because of the few. The few who seem incapable of reading, understanding or even caring about the 'rules' already imposed. "I break the law nearly every time I fly - who cares?" "Let's see how high we can get with these!" "So what? He flew towards a (crowded) city centre, no one died!" The level of ignorance is frightening, the total lack of responsibility from so many involved in our hobby is depressing. The rules are there for a reason, if we ALL break them then they will simply introduce ever more stringent ones. Which will be enforced by those keen to kill off the entire industry, who have become so antagonistic towards us all - because of the aforementioned few. And their total abandonment of personal responsibility. Depressing thought...

Mike please stay, common sense is already in short supply. We need people that care about our freedoms, not people that think they have some god given right to fly where the fook they want. I realise its infuriating, but its a discussion which means we are seeking both educated and uneducated input....

c0f59a0a4ab110f5d0e7e8776f1257ef.jpg

Just another Mavic Pro Pilot [emoji20]

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

You don't need to go too far :

"How can I fly further than restricted area?
Loving my Mavic, I have beginner mode turned off however when I get out to about a mile it tells me max distance reached. I'm sure there is a way to fly out further, how do I set that up? Also I have Litchi, should I use litchi more to learn it? Will litchi or DJI app allow me to fly above the 400 ft limit if I ever need to? Thanks for the help!"

How can I fly further than restricted area?

Reactions: UAV Man
You don't need to go too far :

"How can I fly further than restricted area?
Loving my Mavic, I have beginner mode turned off however when I get out to about a mile it tells me max distance reached. I'm sure there is a way to fly out further, how do I set that up? Also I have Litchi, should I use litchi more to learn it? Will litchi or DJI app allow me to fly above the 400 ft limit if I ever need to? Thanks for the help!"

How can I fly further than restricted area?
Exactly

I'm disappearing off this topic.......

I too will be disappearing off of this particular thread... but not the topic. There are too many different political and legal structures and cultures represented here. I have nothing against Europe, the EU, Canada Etc. but the United States is just different. Not better, not worse just different. In the future, I suggest we discuss legalities/regulation in the context of our particular jurisdictions. Just my opinion

I too will be disappearing off of this particular thread... but not the topic. There are too many different political and legal structures and cultures represented here. I have nothing against Europe, the EU, Canada Etc. but the United States is just different. Not better, not worse just different. In the future, I suggest we discuss legalities/regulation in the context of our particular jurisdictions. Just my opinion

You can just read and take into consideration what ever law/legal structure that pertains US, as we all do!

Just an advice!

It's interesting to know what's is going on around the world (for future travel reference or just out of curiosity)

You can just read and take into consideration what ever law/legal structure that pertains US, as we all do!

Just an advice!

It's interesting to know what's is going on around the world (for future travel reference or just out of curiosity)
I watched the police in Abu Dhabi destroy a guys drone earlier this year... Felt so bad but these police don't (Removed) about. Illegal to use a 'camera' drone there.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ovyyus
I couldn't resist.. for my drone police buddies.. a lovely clip for your dissection.. lol..

Just because something hasn't yet happened, doesn't make it impossible. Perspective is realisation that it only needs it to happen once for punitive measures to be taken against drone flying as a hobby. The more idiots who pick up a UAV remote, the higher the risk.

Call a drone a plastic toy if you want, but even if it is hovering still in the sky, a collision with an aircraft travelling at high velocity will result in the massive dissipation of kinetic energy. That may result in it bouncing off, but you are speculating that the airframe of the plane will be unaffected. So I will turn the argument around.

Where is your test data to prove that a small hobbyist drone CANNOT bring down an aeroplane?

I never said it couldn't take down a plane. Understand what I'm saying. I'm not trying to argue that. I am saying that it is very unlikely and the perceived danger needs to be kept in context. Your drive home was far more likely to result in a death or serious injury.

I never said it couldn't take down a plane. Understand what I'm saying. I'm not trying to argue that. I am saying that it is very unlikely and the perceived danger needs to be kept in context. Your drive home was far more likely to result in a death or serious injury.

Funny you would mention this .. and then.. this happened .. more serious than a drone ? Lets see maybe they will ban all cars soon. in that state..
Man who crashed while streaming reckless drive online upgraded to fair condition

Where is your test data to prove that a small hobbyist drone CANNOT bring down an aeroplane?
My point was not that it couldn't. My point remains... it is highly unlikely.

Your arguement works against you as well: show me the data from the accident caused by a drone.See how that works?

m0j0, sorry for hijacking your post, just wanted to agree with and add to it..
exactly my point is one of probabilities. FACT: Today, you are more likely to win the powerball than to be killed by a drone striking you or the plane you are riding in.

I'm not advocating flying recklessly or endangering people... I'm just saying let's excercise a little perspective in commentary.

It's not about statistics, it's about regulation. The less we self-police, the more the government will do it for us. How many hijackers in America since 9/11? If none, will they remove the rape-i-scan machines in the airports? **** no, they are hiring more flunkies every year to fondle our luggage.
Easy blue! Thanks again for proving my point. Perspective is what I'm asking for on the board. The response at the airport in the United States was a reaction to a real danger... you know. Real planes being flown into real buildings resulting in thousands of deaths.. Most regulations are born out of statistical analysis of some sort.

Speed limit reduced to 55 in the 70's to conserve fuel. Speed limit is not 55 in a school zone.. why not? Well because of the real possibility that you could hit a child..

So again I understand that we have to self-police. Nobody wants more restrictions because some jack hammer flies a Phantom into an airport approach..but let's use a little common sense in our criticisms.

Well morning, I see Dam has had fun... bless him... I think this thread has come to the natural conclusion. Intelligent debate has become a little thin on the ground.....

funnyguy.jpg

It amazes me that some of these people can leave the house long enough to go fly a drone with the fear some people have on here.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman