DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dark Skies and the Milky Way

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I did a Mavic 2 Pro drone flight of the sun set but have not processed it. Once on the mountain top, I also shot these.
1:00AM) doing time-lapse and still images, of course always listening for bear, elk, and other threats! These images are of the Milky Way, The fourth image down showsThe Big Dipper, and even a shot of the comet Neowise.

The two stars composing the brim of the Big Dipper point towards the North Star, otherwise called Polaris.

Temperatures were about 40 degrees Faherenheit. Got home around 1 AM.

Attachments

• 7-25-2020-FortressRoadSunset-loRez-.jpg
    867.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Big Dipper and comet Neowise-2-lorez.jpg
    797.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Big Dipper and comet Neowise-lorez.jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 101
  • FortressRdSunset-loRez.jpg
    713 KB · Views: 94
  • MilkyWay-Lo-rez.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 122
  • QuarterMoon-PrairiepLo-rez.jpg
    912.5 KB · Views: 100
I did a Mavic 2 Pro drone flight of the sun set but have not processed it. Once on the mountain top, I also shot these.
1:00AM) doing time-lapse and still images, of course always listening for bear, elk, and other threats! These images are of the Milky Way, The fourth image down showsThe Big Dipper, and even a shot of the comet Neowise.

The two stars composing the brim of the Big Dipper point towards the North Star, otherwise called Polaris.

The fact you captured these with your drone is what makes them so extraordinary and at night with some level of detail.
Thanks for sharing Dale.

Absolutely amazing stuff here!

You always got the goods. ?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Nice shot sar104 !!! It"s pretty rare to see that kind of photo !

Thanks. It turned out that I should have gone for a stacked image. I was pretty happy with it until another photographer here in town did just that with a much better result. After that it was too cloudy to try again. Here's his version, which I'm sure he won't mind me sharing:

neowise_stacked_AP2.jpg

Thanks. It turned out that I should have gone for a stacked image. I was pretty happy with it until another photographer here in town did just that with a much better result. After that it was too cloudy to try again. Here's his version, which I'm sure he won't mind me sharing:

View attachment 109063
that out totally awesome!!! Great work

Dale

I would love to see the ISO Aperature and shutter speed Settings. Beautiful Milky Way! I just didn’t think my MP 2 could do this! Thanks

Dear Doug Mc C
So sorry to confuse but the Milky Way was done with a Nikon D750 DSLR and a 14mm f1.4 lens on a tripod set at 25 second exposure at f/1.4 for 350 exposures, then processed in LRTimelapse software and rendered to a video. I was going both drone and time-lapse at the same location.

Dear Doug Mc C
So sorry to confuse but the Milky Way was done with a Nikon D750 DSLR and a 14mm f1.4 lens on a tripod set at 25 second exposure at f/1.4 for 350 exposures, then processed in LRTimelapse software and rendered to a video. I was going both drone and time-lapse at the same location.
Well that’s a great picture and I won’t go out with the drone to attempt the impossible! Ha. Thanks and well done

Well that’s a great picture and I won’t go out with the drone to attempt the impossible! Ha. Thanks and well done

The photography of the stars and Milky Way is quite complicated. I spent three days in an Astrophotography Workshop at a dark site to learn this technique.

Those comet and stargazing shots are fantastic!!!! ? ? ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast