DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Montana Images- Astro

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I'm busy as a bee doing lots of shooting but no time to edit videos until I return back to Miami. I In the meanwhile I was out until 1 AM last night doing a Milky Way Timelapse and some still shots. Here are a few. The Big Dipper brim is pointed out by the arrow pointing to Polaris the North Star.

Attachments

• BigDipper-and Polaris-north star.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Milky Way-Beehive Road-BSK_9999.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 37
  • MilkyWay-BeehiveRoad-BSK_9980.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • MilkyWay-tree-BSK_9731.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
Love the third one. Having people/things in the foreground makes all the difference. Nice.
Thanks Dan. I totally agree, which is why I tried different views. The one with the pine trees and land in the foreground gives more perspective.

Dale

Dale, could you help us amateurs out with some info re: your time-lapse settings and post-processing workflow?

It would be my pleasure
Go to Gunther Wegner’s site www.LRTimelapse.com
I started in 2015 and I’m still learning with every sequence.
I purchased the earlier edition LRTimelapse 4
and now it is up to LRTimelapse6
Purchase or download the syllabus and you’ll learn it
You’ll need a camera with a built in Intervalometer or buy the external intervalometer for about 30$ on Amazon
Feel free to ask me any questions
I am using Nikon D750 but any good camera will have an internal intervalometer.
I use the 28-3oomm f 3.5-56 Nikkor for most but occasionally the 14-24 Nikkor f2.8 for Astro photography Timelapse’s of the Milky Way
Good luck
Dale

Last edited:
It would be my pleasure
Go to Gunther Wegner’s site www.LRTimelapse.com
I started in 2015 and I’m still learning with every sequence.
I purchased the earlier edition LRTimelapse 4
and now it is up to LRTimelapse6
Purchase or download the syllabus and you’ll learn it
You’ll need a camera with a built in Intervalometer or buy the external intervalometer for about 30$ on Amazon
Feel free to ask me any questions
I am using Nikon D750 but any good camera will have an internal intervalometer.
I use the 28-30mm f 3.5-56 Nikkor for most but occasionally the 14-24 Nikkor f2.8 for Astro photography Timelapse’s of the Milky Way
Good luck
Dale
Thanks!

Dale, could you help us amateurs out with some info re: your time-lapse settings and post-processing workflow?
Although not as good as a expensive camera like Dale has it does a very nice job of time-lapse. It also has the option to do the holy grail.
Here are some time-laspes they have captured using this devise. Pretty much idiot proof device.

Awesome shots Dale!!!

Awesome shots Dale!!!
Thanks Nelvick. I'm spending 6 weeks out here in Big Sky,Montana, where there are tons of photo and flying opportunities. I flew my M3 over this river at the end of the fishing day. Awesome!

Dale14 inch rainbow trout.jpg

Reactions: zeusfl
Although not as good as a expensive camera like Dale has it does a very nice job of time-lapse. It also has the option to do the holy grail.
Here are some time-laspes they have captured using this devise. Pretty much idiot proof device.

That was amazing compilation of astounding Timelapse's. What did you use for the stop motion machine? I watched a very negative review of the Arsenal on You Tube after seeing your post by Andy in Australia. What do you think? My only comment further on your video was that the timelapse's were very fast moving as compared to mine. I use intervals of about 3-5 seconds for clouds, and for sunrises, sunsets about 5-6 seconds. I use about 15-20 seconds for Astro and Milky Way.
Please tell me the name of your slider gear.
I had a 3 axis Dynamic Perception for many years but it was too heavy to travel with so I sold it.
Dale

That was amazing compilation of astounding Timelapse's. What did you use for the stop motion machine? I watched a very negative review of the Arsenal on You Tube after seeing your post by Andy in Australia. What do you think? My only comment further on your video was that the timelapse's were very fast moving as compared to mine. I use intervals of about 3-5 seconds for clouds, and for sunrises, sunsets about 5-6 seconds. I use about 15-20 seconds for Astro and Milky Way.
Please tell me the name of your slider gear.
I had a 3 axis Dynamic Perception for many years but it was too heavy to travel with so I sold it.
Dale
Dale the video is from the maker of the Arsenal, not mine. I have the Arsenal 1 or version one and yes it has some bad reviews. I think it depends on the camera it is being used on. I am undecided if I will buy version two of the Arsenal but seems they improved it a lot from version one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green