DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.Dat logs off MPP

I wonder???

I knew (read crash threads) that with VPS working if you flew over something close it could cause the AC to rise up unexpectedly. (VPS wasn't turned off because it wasn't working - my reasoning)

WHAT IF the VPS was Intermittent (if that is possible) and when I flew over the seat then the table top it raised up and my subconscious reaction was to "back out".

Last edited:
It looks like there are missing .DAT files. I have not been into iTunes since I started flying and the "list" i an earlier thread is everything I DL. I didn't know whether that was a distructive DL so I reran it and it had the same number of records. I compared the start & ending records in each folder it verify I had everything.

Is this where you ask me to go get the .DAT logs off the AC? (where there aren't any). Is there anything of interest in the .TXT files?

It looks like there are missing .DAT files. I have not been into iTunes since I started flying and the "list" i an earlier thread is everything I DL. I didn't know whether that was a distructive DL so I reran it and it had the same number of records. I compared the start & ending records in each folder it verify I had everything.

Is this where you ask me to go get the .DAT logs off the AC? (where there aren't any). Is there anything of interest in the .TXT files?

We can try the txt log - it likely has enough information to figure out what happened.

Reactions: MavicCF
@sar104 you have put in a LOT of time into this, thanks very much for your patience. @MavicCF thank you for your help.

My nature is "what happened" but I don't know how to answer the question. I am a newbie to flying so you know where I stand in analyzing logs. No time like the present to learn. Let me poke around for a while and ask questions when I have come to a dead end.

I have the directions to the log viewer, let me see where that takes me. If there are any other tips I save links and directions.

Reactions: sar104
@sar104 you have put in a LOT of time into this, thanks very much for your patience. @MavicCF thank you for your help.

My nature is "what happened" but I don't know how to answer the question. I am a newbie to flying so you know where I stand in analyzing logs. No time like the present to learn. Let me poke around for a while and ask questions when I have come to a dead end.

I have the directions to the log viewer, let me see where that takes me. If there are any other tips I save links and directions.
Keep working at it, the log viewer is definetly your next step.

Your other option would be to copy all of the txt. files from that day, zip them all, and upload them to Dropbox. Then we could download that and hopefully find the right one.

Last edited:

Actually, this is where we review the fact that getting the right tablet .DAT can be tricky. :) Often the tablet .DAT files will be split and/or given unusual file names. And, randomly, I might add. I suggest that you zip the entire MCDatFlightRecords directory so that others can look through it and possibly find the .DAT we need.

Reactions: Turn11
getting the right tablet .DAT can be tricky

I believe that if the job was easy, everyone would want it. Is there anything I can do differently or is this just the way it is.

I bought the MPP from China in Mid Nov 2017. Wasn't able to fly until Mid January. No problems until I did this. I upgrade firmware when I hear of a new release, same with Lenovo laptop. I use an iPad Air (original) is it time to upgrade? I haven't had any flying problems (need a shade for my tired eyes)

What is the threshold for creating a DAT file on the AC??
What is the threshold for creating TXT & DAT files on iPad?? (sounds like that is where it gets muddy)

Zip file contains DAT & TXT files.

This is amazing,I'm so excited! I actually just downloaded a file(s) that was 41MB large!! :)
Sorry, personal triumph...back to the thread.

Last edited:
Just looked at the flight paths of the DATs, the only other one that appears to have been in the same spot by the shed (the flight path never actually enters the shed) is 2018-03-21_11-04-18_FLY057.log again, this log doesn't show any signs of impact in the flight. Now to try the txt files...

I believe that if the job was easy, everyone would want it. Is there anything I can do differently or is this just the way it is.

I bought the MPP from China in Mid Nov 2017. Wasn't able to fly until Mid January. No problems until I did this. I upgrade firmware when I hear of a new release, same with Lenovo laptop. I use an iPad Air (original) is it time to upgrade? I haven't had any flying problems (need a shade for my tired eyes)

What is the threshold for creating a DAT file on the AC??
What is the threshold for creating TXT & DAT files on iPad?? (sounds like that is where it gets muddy)

Zip file contains DAT & TXT files.
Regrettably, hat's the way it is.

I believe that an AC .DAT is created every time the battery is turned on. With the Mavic running FW 01.03.0900 or later it's just a question if it got created on the internal SD card which would make it possible to access.

The tablet .DAT will be created with a batteryOn and a connection to the Go App via the RC.

The .txt will be created at launch

I believe that an AC .DAT is created every time the battery is turned on. With the Mavic running FW 01.03.0900 or later it's just a question if it got created on the internal SD card which would make it possible to access.

The tablet .DAT will be created with a batteryOn and a connection to the Go App via the RC.

The .txt will be created at launch
Have you looked at any of the DATs yet @BudWalker? Don't want to miss anything.

Have you looked at any of the DATs yet @BudWalker? Don't want to miss anything.
Just briefly. Didn't see any other possibility. I had previously looked at 2018-03-21_10-34-04_FLY057.DAT and thought, like you, that it wasn't the incident flight. But, I think it needs to be reconsidered by trying to sync it with the video.

@Turn11, did the Mavic recover itself after it hit the roof, or did it fall all the way to the floor? Sorry if it's in the video, but I only watched the short version do to my poor internet connection.

Just briefly. Didn't see any other possibility. I had previously looked at 2018-03-21_10-34-04_FLY057.DAT and thought, like you, that it wasn't the incident flight. But, I think it needs to be reconsidered by trying to sync it with the video.
I don't see how 2018-03-21_10-34-04_FLY057.DAT could ever match the video. Maybe next step is to look at the .txt files instead.

I don't see how 2018-03-21_10-34-04_FLY057.DAT could ever match the video. Maybe next step is to look at the .txt files instead.
I looked at the flight paths of all the txt. files (except one I missed) and tagged the ones that came really close-in to the shed. I got it whittled down to three logs this way, and looked at the info on each. None of the three appeared to be the incident, but I wasn't looking as hard as I could have. Maybe I'll have to try watching the long version of the video as it would get a better idea of the flight route he took.
I will have to take another look at those three logs again, but each one ended with an auto-landing, sparking my above question of whether the Mavic recovered itself or actually hit the ground.

Last edited:

Would you know if one is running later than FW 01.03.0900 with a Crystal Sky, if the .dat will be created as long as the Go App is started first? Is there a way to test this? Apologies in advance to Turn11 for the slight hijack.

Would you know if one is running later than FW 01.03.0900 with a Crystal Sky, if the .dat will be created as long as the Go App is started first? Is there a way to test this? Apologies in advance to Turn11 for the slight hijack.
AFAIK the AC FW version has no effect on the creation of the .DAT by the Go App. I would expect the Go App to create the tablet .DAT soon after the AC connects to the RC.

Last edited:
I only watched the short version

The AC never recovered, it hit, flipped and the AC was turned off when the angle hit 70 deg and was off when it hit the table leg then floor. The last frame is the camera looking straight down at the table seat.

The 14 sec video is the last 14 sec of the longer video

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu