DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.Dat logs off MPP

Turn11

Reactions
I had an accident, had MPP repaired and I went to download the .DAT files to be analyzed to see what I did wrong. I could not attach MPP to Assistant 2. I deleted and reinstalled Assistant, used the same cable and it connected. I believe it was my impatience, it took about 15 seconds to get to the screen showing the Firmware level.
Windows 10, all updates, updated to Firmware V01.04.0300 soon after it was released.

I went to the site to learn how to Retrieving a V3 .DAT File from the AC it failed at step 5. Next a list of flights will be shown. I let it churn but nothing came up.

What am I doing wrong?

Mostly I believe that if the guys cant determine a cause from the TXT, then they ask for a DAT. IMHO.

OK, I am a newbie and just trying to learn-as-I-go.

Any ideas why they aren't available?
I'm not sure why it's not coming up, but you can also upload a DAT from your tablet/phone. Here is the link on doing that.
Although as @Simmo said, the txt. files are often enough to find the problem.
What exactly happened when it crashed?

Probably the best person to ask why you can't find the file is @BudWalker.
@Turn11 Sorry, but don't have an answer to this. Except that it happens to others as well. The few times that it's happened to me I re-started DJI Assistant 2 and I was able to see the flights in step 5.

Even if you can get it to work there is a good possibility that the incident flight won't be listed. You can try getting the lower resolution .DAT from the tablet. Look here for that.

Reactions: MavicCF
Even if you can get it to work there is a good possibility that the incident flight won't be listed. You can try getting the lower resolution .DAT from the tablet. Look here for that.

Some times it is what it is. As I used to say when I was in Submarines - FM
Thank you @BudWalker, I will retrieve the file and post. What I want to know is:
Did I react properly (I sincerely doubt it)
Did I loose enough GPS to cause the AC's reaction

Some times it is what it is. As I used to say when I was in Submarines - FM
Thank you @BudWalker, I will retrieve the file and post. What I want to know is:
Did I react properly (I sincerely doubt it)
Did I loose enough GPS to cause the AC's reaction
Eagerly awaiting the logs:)

Eagerly awaiting the logs:)

OK, couple of things. I have tried to get logs off the MPP and still no joy. ENOUGH for now in this thread.

I have the .TXT & .DAT files off the iPad Air. I have the directions on how / where to upload the .TXT files but I am not sure where / how to upload the .DAT file. I think the request is for the .DAT file or do you want them both?

Accidentally had the movie on during the crash flight, the LAST 14 seconds are the flight is the takeoff & Crash. Oops, apparently I can't UL a .MOV or the size. I am U/L to DropBox, taking forever, Link when available

OK, couple of things. I have tried to get logs off the MPP and still no joy. ENOUGH for now in this thread.

I have the .TXT & .DAT files off the iPad Air. I have the directions on how / where to upload the .TXT files but I am not sure where / how to upload the .DAT file. I think the request is for the .DAT file or do you want them both?

Accidentally had the movie on during the crash flight, the LAST 14 seconds are the flight is the takeoff & Crash. Oops, apparently I can't UL a .MOV or the size. I am U/L to DropBox, taking forever, Link when available

Just post the DAT file to Dropbox and then share the link.

share the link

For those getting in late, here is the crash scenario. After the crash, I replaced all props, looked it over, nothing visible (to me) noticed I didn't have video feed and took it up then down. (Kinda in shock after I crashed so memory may be slightly different than reality) Looking back it was not a good idea to take the last flight, OK, stupid.

Dropbox
Flight, 4:07
Final 14 seconds then crash

Crash .DAT file I think
Last flight .DAT file if memory still works

Edit: update links

Last edited:
For those getting in late, here is the crash scenario. After the crash, I replaced all props, looked it over, nothing visible (to me) noticed I didn't have video feed and took it up then down. (Kinda in shock after I crashed so memory may be slightly different than reality) Looking back it was not a good idea to take the last flight, OK, stupid.

Dropbox
Flight, 4:07
Final 14 seconds then crash

Crash .DAT file I think
Last flight .DAT file if memory still works

Edit: update links
I may be wrong, but I think the "crash DAT" is the wrong one. It doesn't indicate any impact and the flight path never shows you going into the shed (GPS reception was good the whole flight). The AC appears to have reacted appropriately to your inputs, and I also don't see any VPS errors as indicated in your other thread. Just to make sure, we'll see what @sar104 says.

I may be wrong, but I think the "crash DAT" is the wrong one. It doesn't indicate any impact and the flight path never shows you going into the shed (GPS reception was good the whole flight). The AC appears to have reacted appropriately to your inputs, and I also don't see any VPS errors as indicated in your other thread. Just to make sure, we'll see what @sar104 says.

Agreed - it's in the same location, but not the flight in the video.

I case I "listed" them wrong, did you look at the other one?

I am listing the .TXT & .DAT files. There were no files on the AC, these were all that were on the iPad Air. Did you see crash video, it's 14 seconds long.

I went back to the scene of the crash and turned everything on. With the AC sitting in the wide open for a few moments, it showed 17 satellites, under the shelter it showed 15 satellites. I wonder if the transition caused it to react?

.TXT Text     .jpg .DAT Dat     .jpg

Interesting the logs don't show a VPS error, the screen shot was taken with the flier I showed the field to in the background. I did not fix the VPS error until the 22nd, the day after the crash.
I was looking at the crash DAT which is from the wrong flight, haven't looked at the other files yet...

I case I "listed" them wrong, did you look at the other one?

I am listing the .TXT & .DAT files. There were no files on the AC, these were all that were on the iPad Air. Did you see crash video, it's 14 seconds long.

I went back to the scene of the crash and turned everything on. With the AC sitting in the wide open for a few moments, it showed 17 satellites, under the shelter it showed 15 satellites. I wonder if the transition caused it to react?

.TXT View attachment 36878 .DAT View attachment 36879

2018-03-21_10-34-04_FLY057 describes several takeoffs and landings that look like this:

screenshot135.jpg

2018-03-21_11-04-18_FLY057 was not an actual flight. The motors were started but it never took off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman