DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Data usage

Reactions
OK. To date I've had low (4G)data usage as part of my cell phone service because I'm usually on the home or work wi fi but I had to switch the wi fi off for something, forgot to switch it back on and a few days later I see I've used up my monthly allowance which I very rarely do.

I'm completely new to drones, so new as of Sunday 22nd April that I've only picked up the Mavic Pro Combo today and have yet to unpack it but this made me wonder if anyone has run out of data unexpectedly themselves and does anyone have any idea how much one might use per hour flying? I decided to top up with 5G to last about 3 weeks, but it might not be available for up to 8 hours.

I just figured it might now prove wise to keep an eye on it. Thanks for all answers. I have also bought a little Tello drone to get acquainted with drones first, I'm in no rush at all to fly the Mavic.

Doesn't use anything "per flight hour" unless you're using facebook streaming or such. It just gets the map tiles when you're in a new location and content updates when there are some.

I fly with a dedicated iPad mini4, without cellular, so you should need to worry about data usage. It is recommended you put your phone in airplane mode when flying so as not to be interrupted while flying. Welcome aboard. Have fun flying.

Reactions: Bugg77
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan