DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DaVinci Resolve 15 Crashes When Titles Added

I am thinking that despite being free, this software is more than I need to make casual video.
Maybe.

There are quite a few threads around about video editing software that have entry level suggestions.

Would y have a less expensive option? The card you mention costs as much or more than my PC. I’m not a professional.
Maybe a 2nd hand Nvidia card with >=4GB?

Have you tried upgrading to version 16?
I have not. After re-reading Black Magic's hardware guide, I do think my system is over-matched. When I would try to edit 4K video, it would do it, but the workflow was very jerky.

I may try 16 but am not optimistic. I like the idea of using professional grade software, but not being a professional, my ego can handle using something less intense

I have downloaded Cyberlink PowerDirector 17 and am pretty impressed.

If you upgrade to version 16 and use optimised media you should be able to edit 4K anyway even with your system

Hi
Yes sure pleased to help
Optimised media is the same as a proxy in premier pro which is a file that is of a much lower resolution than the original, these are used for editing purposes and the original 4K footage is untouched, this is do that everything runs smoothly and doesn’t use up all your resources while editing, when you are satisfied and done you can then output your edited video rendering the original images output as 4K, this is a much easier and quicker way to edit and you will find many you tube tutorials on this subject.

Hi
Yes sure pleased to help
Optimised media is the same as a proxy in premier pro which is a file that is of a much lower resolution than the original, these are used for editing purposes and the original 4K footage is untouched, this is do that everything runs smoothly and doesn’t use up all your resources while editing, when you are satisfied and done you can then output your edited video rendering the original images output as 4K, this is a much easier and quicker way to edit and you will find many you tube tutorials on this subject.
This is interesting. I downloaded Cyberlink PowerDirector and tried to import my 4K clips into the media bin. I got a pop up that asked if I wanted to use proxies of these files for the ease of editing. I said sure, but was informed that the free trial version does not support this. After searching a little on the Cyberlink forums, it is true that PowerDirector will render proxy files on the fly for editing, and when it is time to render the finished product, it goes back to using the original 4K files.

This is interesting. I downloaded Cyberlink PowerDirector and tried to import my 4K clips into the media bin. I got a pop up that asked if I wanted to use proxies of these files for the ease of editing. I said sure, but was informed that the free trial version does not support this. After searching a little on the Cyberlink forums, it is true that PowerDirector will render proxy files on the fly for editing, and when it is time to render the finished product, it goes back to using the original 4K files.
I did look at a YouTube for creating proxies in Resolve. Fairly involved compared to "would you like to use proxies"?

I appreciate very much everyone's input.

Yes the free version of Devinci resolve let’s you do this but it’s called optimised media I always edit this way however I do have the studio version

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661