DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DaVinci Resolve for iPad

SkyeHigh

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Blackmagic Design has released DaVinci Resolve 18 for iPad.

Although tailored towards the M1 & M2 powered machines it is supported on older iPads too.

It is downloadable on the Apple App Store but for some reason doesn’t show if you search. However, it will show on the following link provided by Blackmagic’s website.

‎DaVinci Resolve for iPad

I’m running it on a 2022 M1 powered 11” iPad and it runs very smoothly - even with 4K source material. For anyone experienced with the desktop version it will be very familiar. Works with Blackmagic’s Bluetooth keyboards as well as the Apple pen.

In short, Blackmagic have done an amazing job recreating the familiar interface to the smaller screen and still supporting Fusion FX. The app is FREE with the option for the full Studio Version that adds the same features as the full Studio desktop version for AU$149.99.

D/L’ed v18 from from their www arena instead for analytics most likely. Who cares, it is free for total use. If one is familiar with Da Vinci Resolve, great. If anyone is familiar enough to tell me how to lighten the screen a bit, I would be grateful. I DL’ed mine a few days past. Still learning.
Presently, my goto is FILMORA 12. I’ve been with FILMORA for about 7 years. Pleased with the performance, not pleased with the company’s latest slight of hand trick. (Changing their definition of LIFETIME owner.) But they recently backtracked a few days ago!

Regardless of your choice, both are available for discovery. Resolve is free! FILMORA 12 free to use albeit watermark.

DL both, work with both, you decide! Plenty of tutorial assistance online for both!

Reactions: SkyeHigh
What a shame, wouldn’t load on to my iPad Pro.
Regards

What a shame, wouldn’t load on to my iPad Pro.
Regards
If it crashes when attempting to start it up, then remove the app and redownload it again. This was happening to me and reloading it again worked for me.

If it crashes when attempting to start it up, then remove the app and redownload it again. This was happening to me and reloading it again worked for me.
Thanks for the info Micheal, I updated the iPad to 16.2, went back to the link and it came up with a message that my machine was not compatible. Will have to load it on to my laptop.
Regards

I downloaded it a couple of days ago, will have to watch some YouTube tutorials on how to use it as up to now I’ve been using luma fusion.
Colour grading is a dark art , no matter what I do I can never get my footage to “pop’ like the stuff I see others doing.

Reactions: Gagey52
I downloaded it a couple of days ago, will have to watch some YouTube tutorials on how to use it as up to now I’ve been using luma fusion.
Colour grading is a dark art , no matter what I do I can never get my footage to “pop’ like the stuff I see others doing.
One of the biggest issues people have when starting colour grading is over complicating and over using. It only needs slight tweaks to have an impact. If you are familiar with Lightroom, it’s a whole lot more familiar.

Also, make sure White Balance is not set to Auto on your drone’s camera as it continually tries to ‘correct’ what it is ‘seeing’ and makes colour correction in post processing near impossible. Far easier to select Sunny, Cloudy etc. based on current conditions and colour will remain consistent throughout the recording.

At the same time I’d recommend using Manual exposure. Auto-Exposure causes the same issues as above but with brightness varying and again not easy to correct later.

1) Shoot in DLOG/Dcinelike.
2) Color "correct" using histograms/waveform monitors. This gets you to an overall balanced image.
3) Color "grade" from there, with LUTs or tweaking your Hue/Sat. for sky, land, water.

Using standard color profiles (which can look great on sunny days) you basically have something analagous to JPEG video. You have some control but the limitations in shadows and highlights become difficult to impossible to tweak to your liking. DLOG opens up a lot more possibilities much in the way RAW images do compared to JPEG. When you open the can of worms the Color tab can be with color profiled footage, using DLOG you get to that POP factor a lot quicker.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll