DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DecalGirl VS DroneWrap Japan skins

TrayBoz

Reactions
Has anyone tried both the DecalGirl skins AND the DroneWrap Japan skins? I'm trying to decide on my new suit and wondering who makes the better quality. I've used the iCarbon skin and it was pretty good, but I have nothing to compare it to quality-wise, and the edges are beginning to peel up now, 8 months later. Ready for a change of clothes anyway.

I've narrowed it down to the two skins below. DroneWrap's Coloration X is twice as expensive, but DecalGirl's has a matching skin for the goggles - essentially making my total cost the same.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

DroneWrap Japan Coloration X: $50 for mavic, controller, 3 batteries/ NO goggles.
Coloration X.jpg

DecalGirl FireFlower: $25 +$25 for the goggles.Fire Flower Goggles.jpg FireFlower.jpg

Reactions: JMF
Has anyone tried both the DecalGirl skins AND the DroneWrap Japan skins? I'm trying to decide on my new suit and wondering who makes the better quality. I've used the iCarbon skin and it was pretty good, but I have nothing to compare it to quality-wise, and the edges are beginning to peel up now, 8 months later. Ready for a change of clothes anyway.

I've narrowed it down to the two skins below. DroneWrap's Coloration X is twice as expensive, but DecalGirl's has a matching skin for the goggles - essentially making my total cost the same.

DroneWrap Japan Coloration X: $50 for mavic, controller, 3 batteries/ NO goggles.
View attachment 22303

DecalGirl FireFlower: $25 +$25 for the goggles.View attachment 22302 View attachment 22300

Awesome wrap !!

Reactions: TrayBoz
I ordered the all red today. I figured it didn’t look like a bird, so the big birds would leave it alone.

That’s my hope anyway!

Reactions: bombero
I have a p3s and a Mavic, earlier this year I bought a decal girl wrap for my p3s and though it was a great design I was very disappointed with the matt finish which I felt looked like it was printed with an inkjet onto sticker paper. I bought the Coloration x from drone Wraps for the Mavic and am delighted with it. Superb finish, looks and feels like a car paint job, high gloss finish. In standard light it appears a similar colour to the original Mavic but with a glossy finish, the second brighter light hits it has a rainbow effect which changes according to the angle of viewing. On searching for 3m car wraps I found the exact same wrap used on an Audi, different colour name but I’m certain it’s the same material used.
No comparison in my opinion.

I have a p3s and a Mavic, earlier this year I bought a decal girl wrap for my p3s and though it was a great design I was very disappointed with the matt finish which I felt looked like it was printed with an inkjet onto sticker paper. I bought the Coloration x from drone Wraps for the Mavic and am delighted with it. Superb finish, looks and feels like a car paint job, high gloss finish. In standard light it appears a similar colour to the original Mavic but with a glossy finish, the second brighter light hits it has a rainbow effect which changes according to the angle of viewing. On searching for 3m car wraps I found the exact same wrap used on an Audi, different colour name but I’m certain it’s the same material used.
No comparison in my opinion.

I bought a wrap from Decal Girl & everything was terrific. There is an option that is easy to overlook, for the high gloss wrap. My P3 looks incredible & the only thing that would have made me more satisfied is if the decal could have put itself on! Drone wrap looks incredible & I am contemplating this for my Mavic, I am just having a hard time with the price. They will send you free samples on their web site, still waiting for mine.

My biggest issue is to try & increase the visibility. The Mavic completely disappears against the beautiful mountains that we have here in Utah.

Reactions: NetDep
I bought a wrap from Decal Girl & everything was terrific. There is an option that is easy to overlook, for the high gloss wrap. My P3 looks incredible & the only thing that would have made me more satisfied is if the decal could have put itself on! Drone wrap looks incredible & I am contemplating this for my Mavic, I am just having a hard time with the price. They will send you free samples on their web site, still waiting for mine.

My biggest issue is to try & increase the visibility. The Mavic completely disappears against the beautiful mountains that we have here in Utah.
I wrapped my Mavic in Orange. before wrapping, I could see my Mavic it at 800 ft, with the wrap, distance increased to 1200! Wrap is a cheap $10 or so from eBay. Not the best. I will replace it later with the good stuff now that I know it's worth it.

I bought my first black carbon fiber wrap from ICarbon - about $30 and it was pretty good. It lasted 10 months fine and was just starting to peel up around the edges a little bit. Time for a change of style.

I just applied the new Coloration-X skin from DroneWrap Japan, and I will say there is quite a difference.
First of all price: The DroneWrap Japan skin was a total of about $65 after adding skin for the controller and 3 batteries and shipping. Shipping took about 2 weeks from time I ordered it online. It does come from Japan.

The QUALITY of DroneWrap is 5-Star / Intense / Top Notch. The coverage is COMPLETE - every millimeter is covered except the heatsinks, the gimbal, and the motors (I did not do the stripes on the props). The cut and fit is SO accurate that it makes it VERY difficult and time-consuming to apply. It requires a LOT of patience. I spent about 4 hours meticulously applying the skin to everything. But once completed, it looks amazing. The skin is very durable, high gloss, very strong adhesive, and goes all the way to the very edge of EVERYTHING. There is NO margin for error with each decal, hence the difficulty. But it really looks like a perfect paint job unless you inspect it very closely. No bubbling or peeling, and I did not have to use a hair-dryer. There more large-single-pieces, so there are fewer edges than ICarbon, but this also makes application more tricky.

I haven't tried DecalGirl so I can't make that comparison.

Although expensive, I can't see my self using a skin other than DroneWrap after this. The color looks like glossy/shiny gray indoors, but in the sunlight it changes colors depending on the angle and is very reflective. Hopefully it will scare birds better.

Mavic Skin Color X.jpg

I’ve had experience of both. The Decal Girl wrap material is thicker and less flexible. It doesn’t cover all of the drone and there are plenty of gaps and places where the wrap doesn’t go to the edge of a component.
As has been said before, DroneWrap covers just about everything. There are even a couple of places where there are overlaps to ensure coverage. The wrap is thinner and goes on without a hairdryer. You do need to give yourself plenty of time and space to do a good job but its well worth the investment.

How is the durability/longjevity on these two skins? Do they last, stay attached, or start peeling and have to be replaced every year?

I'll let you know about DroneWrap in a year. The I-Carbon skin I had still looked good after 10 months, and it was a little cheaper quality it seemed. It was still staying on just fine. I was just ready for a change.

How is the durability/longjevity on these two skins? Do they last, stay attached, or start peeling and have to be replaced every year?

Drone Wrap claim a 3 year lifetime for the wrap, seems like it will last, guess I’ll have to wait a while to find out lol

It is very helpful us to hear honest impressions of experiences.
Our product has a different concept from the other company's products.

As you know, an emphasis is placed on covering the corner. That's because corners are the most scratched.
For that purpose, we examined materials and cut line design. As a result, we needed a little thin material and strong adhesion, the best material was expensive compared to the material for inkjet. The price of a vinyl material varies by more than 5 times.
And since the material of the carbon pattern which everyone likes is thick to express weave patterns, it can not be applied to the whole body.

Our wrap is more complicated to apply than a product type of put on each side. Instead, there are manuals and videos that optimize the procedure and explain it. It may take your time, but you will get more satisfaction. As TrayBoz says.

All vinyl stickers start to peel off the edge. Our design also includes reducing edges. And overlapping makes it harder for the edges to peel. It is because the wrap-to-wrap adhesion is higher than for the body's plastic. Therefore, it was necessary to design from a different design from general products.

Secondly, Coloring.
Mixing of CMYK ink by inkjet printing can not realize high chroma coloring, metallic texture and color shift.
Instead, we did not choose camo patterns or other graphics. This may not be a little fun for the user. We carefully selected the color lineup so that your Mavic never looks like cheap. Just by choosing the color and texture you like from our lineup, your Mavic will surely be gorgeous.

About durability.
The material we are using is designed on the premise of outdoor and re-peel use. The initial properties are maintained after three years, the adhesive does not change its quality, leaving any trace. If properly applied it will maintain its performance until your Mavic retires. However, the color always fades little by little and it gets scratched because it is vinyl. The time you want to change is the life of the product.

As an element not appearing in product photos.
We wanted to eliminate it by doing some disappointing experience as a skins user and started making our own products. It covers everything from pulling a vinyl roll to putting products in an envelope and shipping to you. In fact, all vinyl for the wrap is delicate. In the manufacturing process, ladies are handling very carefully. So you will not see a dirty or wrinkled wrap. As long as the postman does not dance on the envelope.

You must never buy a cheap wrap. (Decalgirl and i-Style are not this)
If they are not for outdoor use materials, the corresponding temperature range is limited, or because they are not manufactured on the premise of peeling off, they will shatter and leave a lot of glue. It is important to peel off beautifully when peeling off, not peeling during use.
Even if it is vinyl made from 3M, for example, DI-NOC and Scotchcal are not suitable for the drone. And there are stickers manufactured using more bad vinyl. Even though it looks the same, the properties of the vinyl and adhesive material are totally different. Finally, Pimp-skins(Taiwan) is our older version knockoff. There is no reason for you to choose.

We will spare no effort to make products and purchase experience better while treating drone user's opinions. Please ask for anything if you feel something using our product.

Summary.
You want to cover the corner of the body.
You see a drone better in "visual line of sight" operations.
You want to use the wrap for a long time.
You don't like graphics.
You don't want to be discouraged.
...You will be happy, choose our product. Thank you!!!

Yeah can also attest that dronewrap skins are very high quality. They literally cover every part of the drone you can without impacting performance etc.

Certainly helped me cover up all the bumps and scratches my Mavic took tumbling down Mavic Mountain anyway :DThumbswayup

Reactions: Mike357

View attachment 22303

DecalGirl FireFlower: $25 +$25 for the goggles.View attachment 22302 View attachment 22300
I got a DecalGirl, I liked that they would replace any piece the is ruined during installation, never had to confirm their service as the World of Soap went on first try. Cannot compare to others.

Hi
i had DecalGirl on my Inspire 2,
But the foil is not overlapping and you see the columns, due to the fact that the spider Design foil is grey / black it fit to the magnesium color of the Inspire itself,
Letters and Spider is custom made from me,

Enjoy the photos
Speedy
84643B5A-F997-4B89-85DC-2DE52D910264.jpeg 52E3BC40-5CC3-43FB-B86B-FDFBB0791627.jpeg 4D609544-1328-4C13-AAEF-2C7109EFB0A1.jpeg 79FDD990-9AE2-48E2-BAE0-E5F3EBF667F1.jpeg 45EEF7D4-138B-46D9-9299-4A0A7786FEEF.jpeg 0BB6E7EF-0F9F-48D2-B1F8-E1C633C745B2.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998