DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deciding on Air or Platinum

KodiakSA

Reactions
i either going to go with Air or Platinum. Going to get fly more combo
My only concern is the connectivity between controller and drone on air.
Is this really a reason not to go with Air? I don't even know if I'll ever go the max distance

My only concern is the connectivity between controller and drone on air.
Is this really a reason not to go with Air?
I've only had rock solid connections with my Mavic Air so far (flying VLOS). The majority of other Mavic Air owners who post here seem to have the same experience.

@KodiakSA: Here's my analysis on this question from last month: Initial impressions: Costco US$1299 MPP+goggles

In case you also have access to Costco, this also explains my take on the favorable economics of Costco's MPP bundle vs. DJI Fly More combo, if you also want to own DJI Goggles, and happy to purchase third party batteries and other accessories.

I also benefited from purchasing my MPP at Costco by being able to exchange the entire bundle, no questions asked, after diagnosing faulty remote controller with DJI online support, making use of Costco's 90-day satisfaction guarantee (which also extends the warranty).

Lastly, I'll add that that I've saved $90 by purchasing a $39 State Farm insurance policy against damage/loss, instead of $129 DJI Care Refresh (which does not cover loss).

You should be able to get BVLOS with the Mavic Air too. The max range is 2.48 miles (FCC).

Another Air / Pro debate? Pay closer attention to those that own or have flown both for a more unbiased opinion.

Reactions: genesimmons
I returned my air because the connection disconnects made me uncomfortable. I was having signal problems In some areas I like to fly by the time I hit 1500 feet. Not sure where that drone could get 2.5 miles. I believe you need to be somewhere without WIFI to achieve those numbers. I liked everything about it except I felt like I was on a leash. 5.8 ghz did not help. My personal experience. I could definitely see if they gave it occusync it would cannibalize all Mavic Pro sales. Platinum included.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada