DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decisions... Decisions

Yes buy the mavic mini and be sure to get the DJI care package
don't waste your money on the care package from dji ,complete waste ,get 3rd party independent insurance like a lot of us do now ,what good is a care package if you cant find your lost drone ???
i think its a complete rip off.i pay about £75 a year for 1 million pounds of public liability cover that includes replacement drone if lost or damaged and no i don't have to recover my old drone from a seabed ect that is just a money making scam in my eyes.

Well, I bit the bullet and purchased the Mini. There was the $100 instant savings, and an additional $100 for signing on to get the Amazon credit card. For only $299 for the Mini Fly More combo, I couldn't resist. If I regret buying it I can always sell it for $299 (I think). If I want to upgrade in the future, I will give it to one of my Grandsons.

Thanks to all of you for your insightful comments and the "Welcomes"
Bruce

Well, I bit the bullet and purchased the Mini. There was the $100 instant savings, and an additional $100 for signing on to get the Amazon credit card. For only $299 for the Mini Fly More combo, I couldn't resist. If I regret buying it I can always sell it for $299 (I think). If I want to upgrade in the future, I will give it to one of my Grandsons.

Bruce
Wow - that's a steal!

Congrats and welcome to the hobby! I think it is a great place/price to start. I found, after having purchased the mini as my first real drone, that many locations I anticipated using my drone prohibit it (MA state parks/forests). I hope you have better luck where you are but this drone will give you time to explore that and decide if you want to invest more in the hobby.

Bruce

You got yourself a great drone for an amazing price!! Happy flying!!!

Thanks. You are right. I have been through that with phones, TV’s, etc. LOL. You would think at 70 I would have learned by now.
Hey my "brother from another mother." You can blame me because I got you hooked on this...hahahahahahaha. Good luck with your new aircraft and enjoy the heck out of it!

Well, I finally decided to keep the Mini. My rationale is that it was extremely inexpensive and as a first-timer it will be a great platform for me learn what droning is all about. If I end up not liking it (unlikely), I will not have spent a lot. If I do like it (more likely), I can either sell it or give it to my Grandsons (three brothers). The final cost was low:
Original price: $499
Amazon Prime Day: -100
Amazon credit card sign up: -100
Amazon credit card 5% back: - 15
Amazon credit for late delivery: - 15
Total Cost: $269

I can't believe the technology packed into these 249 grams. Everything works flawlessly so far. I have been extremely cautious and have limited my flights to <200 feet vertical / <1,200 feet Horizontal. I have five flights with zero issues. I am fortunate to have a 200+/- acre farm directly behind my house so it is easy for me to get out and fly. The weather hasn't been great, but I do manage to get out when I can. My 13 year old Grandson came over yesterday, and after a quick lesson I had him up and flying. He did great (better than me actually), especially landing on the launch pad. I trust him as he has always been a cautious rule follower, and has better hand to eye coordination compared to his old Grandfather. I plan on venturing out further as I feel more comfortable.

Thank you to everyone for your opinions and advice.
Bruce

Reactions: RocketmanTurbo
My 13 year old Grandson came over yesterday, and after a quick lesson I had him up and flying. He did great (better than me actually), especially landing on the launch pad. I trust him as he has always been a cautious rule follower, and has better hand to eye coordination compared to his old Grandfather.
And this alone (plus future grandfather/grandson flights) is more than worth the cost.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J