DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Default Action Entering DJI NFZ all DJI Drones

QuadKid

Reactions
Trying to find a definitive answer to this question: If the drone inadvertently enters a DJI Authorized (Yellow) or a Restricted Zone (RED) will the drone stop and hover, RTH, or force land immediately ? Have read a post months ago about a pilot that entered one of these zones and his drone did a forced landing and he was unable to recover the drone due to restricted / no trespass property space.

It's theoretically impossible to enter it so you won't find many people able to provide experience... there needs to be a big glitch for the situation to exist in the first place, so whatever happens next is kinda unpredictable.

Only DJI know the "definitive answer".

So what I understand at this point is the App will warn you when you are approaching a NFZ which is good, at which time you can turn around and avoid a situation, If you decide to ignore or miss the warning and continue to fly towards or into the NFZ, once the drone penetrates the NFZ it will force land. Best I can gather at this point.

I'm going to experiment with a local airport, gonna fire up my P4P in the car with the motors idling and see what happens when I enter the Restricted NFZ (IE: Airport Parking lot )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lzt300b