DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Delay Notification from DHL for Air3S, Requesting SSN

Received a notification from DJI last eve stating my shipment has been placed on temporary hold. They are requesting two pieces of information: 1)Line Item Tariff info and 2) my SSN. Has anyone else, waiting on an order, received similar? Haven't done anything with it yet... Not too thrilled about tossing my SSN number out.
I would never give anyone my SSN over the internet. What is 'Line Item Tariff info'?

The moment the Social Security number is needed marks it as a total scam... Just delete the email. If you don't get the drone then call your credit card company and cancel the entire charge.

I would still check with DHL, but if this shipment is coming through DHL, the request for your SSN or EIN may be legitimate. DHL shipped high value equipment from the UK to my company in the US. They were required to have my SSN or my company's EIN for the shipment to pass through US Customs.

The line-Item tariff information (Harmonized Tariff Schedule classification) should have been supplied by the shipper. I have to provide that information when I export equipment valued over $2,500.

So, do they ship each one of these from China? Don't they have warehouses in us?

So, do they ship each one of these from China? Don't they have warehouses in us?
Yes, these are all coming from China. DJI is having a hard time shipping items in bulk to the U.S. It's also why the AIr 3S isn't for sale at retailers and the Neo has limited availability at stores.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rich 364