DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Delete data and log out

Fergy

Reactions
On selling my drone, is there anything else I have to do other than delete flight data photos etc and log out of my account for the new owner.

is there anything else I have to do other than delete flight data photos etc and log out of my account for the new owner
The new owner won't be able to access your DJI account, so nothing to do there.

@Fergy if applicable i.e. you bought care refresh and bound the equipment undo any binding of
a) the drone to your account and
b) the controller to the drone.

I would photograph the equipment and all serial numbers including the battery serial numbers and keep those photos. They serve as a record of the equipment's condition and ID.

I would make a point of copying your logs to computer or at least the last few, they serve, via the number of the DAT, as a reference for how many times the drone has been switched on, though probably only with the range x00 to x99.
x99 +1 would, for most mavic style drones, result in the next DAT having the number 000 i.e. they do not count the "hundreds" ( the Mini 3 pro counts the hundreds, I don't know about the Mini 3 ).

It is worth noting that the .txt flight logs also record serial numbers which is an additional reason to keep them but with regards to battery serial numbers each log records ONLY the serial number of the battery in use.

As an expansion of MSinger's answer.
If this is being sold with a smart type controller then deleting logs and photos etc. is wise. If left on the controller they can be accessed via computer and possibly the controller's own file browser if it has one. Just make sure that sync'ing is switched off whilst you do the deletion and are still logged into the app. If the controller has a factory reset function it might be wise to use that.

If you are using a non smart controller then there is literally no need to delete logs etc. as they are stored on your phone or tablet.

Last edited:
@Fergy if applicable i.e. you bought care refresh and bound the equipment undo any binding of
a) the drone to your account and
b) the controller to the drone.

I would photograph the equipment and all serial numbers including the battery serial numbers and keep those photos. They serve as a record of the equipment's condition and ID.

I would make a point of copying your logs to computer or at least the last few, they serve, via the number of the DAT, as a reference for how many times the drone has been switched on, though probably only with the range x00 to x99.
x99 +1 would, for most mavic style drones, result in the next DAT having the number 000 i.e. they do not count the "hundreds" ( the Mini 3 pro counts the hundreds, I don't know about the Mini 3 ).

It is worth noting that the .txt flight logs also record serial numbers which is an additional reason to keep them but with regards to battery serial numbers each log records ONLY
the serial number of the battery in use.

As an expansion of MSinger's answer.
If this is being sold with a smart type controller then deleting logs and photos etc. is wise. If left on the controller they can be accessed via computer and possibly the controller's own file browser if it has one. Just make sure that sync'ing is switched off whilst you do the deletion and are still logged into the app. If the controller has a factory reset function it might be wise to use that.

If you are using a non smart controller then there is literally no need to delete logs etc. as they are stored on your phone or tablet.
Thanks great information.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_