DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did you buy from Amazon??

Starz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’m doing some snooping. Did you buy a DJI drone from Amazon? If you did, would you please check your serial number and see if it contains an “r” or an “s” somewhere in the serial number sequence. I ran across a local guy that was completely surprised to find out that what he purchased from Amazon was in fact a refurbished package that he claims he had no knowledge of and certainly did not intend to buy a refurbished product. He showed me a copy of the ad from Amazon ( from his phone) that has no mention at all of the package being a refurbished product. I’m wondering if he his the only one. If what transpired is correct information, there may be more in the same predicament.
Please look at your investment and respond.
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I’m doing some snooping. Did you buy a DJI drone from Amazon? If you did, would you please check your serial number and see if it contains an “r” or an “s” somewhere in the serial number sequence. I ran across a local guy that was completely surprised to find out that what he purchased from Amazon was in fact a refurbished package that he claims he had no knowledge of and certainly did not intend to buy a refurbished product. He showed me a copy of the ad from Amazon ( from his phone) that has no mention at all of the package being a refurbished product. I’m wondering if he his the only one. If what transpired is correct information, there may be more in the same predicament.
Thanks in advance!
MPP from Amazon delivered October 6th. No “s” or “r” in the SN displayed in the battery compartment.

if I have a R in the middle and end of my serial number, what does that mean? When I bought it, the description said "brand new".
I also bought my Mavic 2 pro from Amazon

Thanks in advance!

No foul play. I have bought a platinum and spark from amazon. And will continue without hesitation. Amazon is to big to mess around with crap like that. To much to lose. That’s just common sense.

Thanks in advance!

I believe a refurbished unit has a "-r" at the end of the serial number
If you suspect anything just get a DJI Forum moderator or DJI support to verify it for you.

Plug your serial number in here. Remember that DJI doesn’t use the letter
”o”. Those will be a zero.
And here is another method.

Somewhat surprising how many people don’t know what they may be flying, and the above methods are the answer.

Not sure I understand this. Do you have other methods besides the one other method that I didn’t mention which would be to check directly with a DJI source?

Your joking right ???? You obviously didn’t read my reply. [emoji15]POST # 10 [emoji849]

Last edited:
My gray matter stumbles more often than it should.
My goal was to better understand your post number nine.
If you don’t wish to expand on that particular post, that’s fine.

Be sure to distinguish buying from Amazon themselves, a retailer on Amazon with Amazon fulfillment, and a retailer using Amazon website for sales only. Amazon has much less control on third party resellers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998