DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Difference between Mavic Air Part 1 Intelligent Flight Battery & DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery

Timothy Vedanayagam

Reactions
Dear Friends, I wanted replacement batteries for my Mavic Air and what I get online is Amazon with Mavic Air Part 1 Intelligent Flight Battery at $79 & from the DJI Store, Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery at $ 95.
Amazon mentions LiCoO2 (Lithium Cobalt Oxide) and DJI Store LiPo (Lithium Polymer).
What is the difference between both the batteries and which should I buy ???
Please help me with this.

Dear Friends, I wanted replacement batteries for my Mavic Air and what I get online is Amazon with Mavic Air Part 1 Intelligent Flight Battery at $79 & from the DJI Store, Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery at $ 95.
Amazon mentions LiCoO2 (Lithium Cobalt Oxide) and DJI Store LiPo (Lithium Polymer).
What is the difference between both the batteries and which should I buy ???
Are they both DJI batteries?
DJI only ever made one battery for the Air.
The differences could just be different wording in the description for exactly the same battery.

What is the difference between both the batteries and which should I buy ?
Those batteries are the same. The only difference is that the Amazon listing is currently about $17 cheaper than the DJI Store.

DJI recently increased the prices on most their products in the DJI Store. Other sellers will likely increase their prices in the future after they sell out of their current stock.

From what I read, Part 1 refers to the Air part numbering system, with "Part 1" being the battery. It seems that some of the text on the back may be different. Reviews mostly say it's genuine. The only way to be sure you're buying an OEM battery though is to buy it from DJI directly.

Reviews mostly say it's genuine. The only way to be sure you're buying an OEM battery though is to buy it from DJI directly.
Buying DJI batteries on Amazon is perfectly safe. If you have any doubts, make sure the seller you buy from is an authorized DJI dealer. There are lots of dealers selling batteries on Amazon. And a bonus of buying from Amazon is that returns are super easy (if needed) when you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (or marked as Amazon Prime).

While they do exist for other DJI drone models, I've never seen any Mavic batteries made by 3rd batteries. So, in this case, you don't need to worry about buying non-genuine batteries.

Reactions: Timothy Vedanayagam
Are they both DJI batteries?
DJI only ever made one battery for the Air.
The differences could just be different wording in the description for exactly the same battery.
Yes, the Amazon & the DJI Store mention the same listing as Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery, only difference is that Amazon adds "Part 1."

Those batteries are the same. The only difference is that the Amazon listing is currently about $17 cheaper than the DJI Store.

DJI recently increased the prices on most their products in the DJI Store. Other sellers will likely increase their prices in the future after they sell out of their current stock.
Thank you msinger, I'll take the Amazon option

From what I read, Part 1 refers to the Air part numbering system, with "Part 1" being the battery. It seems that some of the text on the back may be different. Reviews mostly say it's genuine. The only way to be sure you're buying an OEM battery though is to buy it from DJI directly.
Okay

Buying DJI batteries on Amazon is perfectly safe. If you have any doubts, make sure the seller you buy from is an authorized DJI dealer. There are lots of dealers selling batteries on Amazon. And a bonus of buying from Amazon is that returns are super easy (if needed) when you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (or marked as Amazon Prime).

While they do exist for other DJI drone models, I've never seen any Mavic batteries made by 3rd batteries. So, in this case, you don't need to worry about buying non-genuine batteries.
Thanks for the info

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya