DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dirty Tricks

Montana John

Reactions
Yesterday the black box in the attachment below took over half of the area of my iPad screen as I took off on a flight that I had LAANC cleared through Airmap and gotten the clearance code for. (Sorry for ending with a preposition.) For months previously I had seen only a notice that I was entering Class E airspace and that I should be careful. So that's trick one.
Trick two was that it appeared to me that all should be well if I tapped the "yes" below the message, or failing that, dragged "yes," left, right up or down. Didn't work.
Turns out I have to tap the blue circle which gets a check mark in it, then tap yes, and all is well.
Has anyone else gone through this process? If so, this evening at 18:30 MDT, join me in lifting a glass or can in celebration of having defeated the forces of evil and confusion.

0.jpg

How again is checking a box and clicking "yes" a "dirty trick"? If this is your definition of evil you live in a pretty peaceful world.

(And unrelated, but it's easier to do a screen grab of your iPad screen by pressing the home and power buttons at the same time.)

Reactions: dawgpilot
The design here leaves me speechless. A 4mm diameter circle drawn in a 0.5pt line, blue on black? Seriously? :mad:

This got me once. In direct sunlight it’s impossible to see blue in black. I could see the yes button. But not the blue circle. Bad design that could be easily remedied by having a cancel button next to the yes button.

How again is checking a box and clicking "yes" a "dirty trick"? If this is your definition of evil you live in a pretty peaceful world.

(And unrelated, but it's easier to do a screen grab of your iPad screen by pressing the home and power buttons at the same time.)
As other responders have noted, the blue circle did not look so prominent (hence lead to an intuitve action) out in the field. When someone asks me a question and provides a YES option, doing something with the YES seems like a good response. And to your point, yes, I do live a very peaceful life out here in the mountains.
Many thanks for the tip on getting a screen shot. I wondered how all you high tech guys get these nice clear images, and now, thanks to you I know.

DJI’s industrial design is superb, but its web design (tiny, light grey type on a white background) and its interface design (as per your example) not so much.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes