DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disable Braking?

BayouBill

Reactions
I am somewhat surprised at how aggressive the Mavic Air is when it brakes. l set braking to the lowest level in the sensitivity menu but it's still too abrupt for my taste, even in P mode. I take pride in executing smooth maneuvers like a rapid descent and flair before landing as helicopter pilots do. But there is no way to smoothly come to a stop. Anyone know how to disable automatic braking?

I like cinematic mode to "fix" that. It still has some break at the end of the move, but the gimbal deals with it better it seems. Just keep in mind the aircraft will "drift" for quite some time after you let go the controls, depending on how fast you were moving.

I am somewhat surprised at how aggressive the Mavic Air is when it brakes. l set braking to the lowest level in the sensitivity menu but it's still too abrupt for my taste, even in P mode. I take pride in executing smooth maneuvers like a rapid descent and flair before landing as helicopter pilots do. But there is no way to smoothly come to a stop. Anyone know how to disable automatic braking?

You can turn it down substantially in the sensitivity section of the advanced menu of the main controller settings.

You could hack it to enable Atti mode but that will turn off positioning all together.

You just need to train yourself to ease out on the stick at the speed you want and not just let it go.
Been practicing doing this; not easy to execute but very rewarding when you get it right.

You just need to train yourself to ease out on the stick at the speed you want and not just let it go.
I have tried slowly easing off the stick many times and there is always a jerk at the end with braking sensitivity set at minimum. Makes me look like a noob pilot. :-( I would like to switch to ATTI mode but that is apparently not possible. Strange decision by DJI; everyone should practice in ATTI mode in case it switches automatically. I have not tried cinematic mode, thanks for the suggestion @Rafael266.

Last edited:
Be more gentle with the sticks....
Been there, done that. I tried cinematic mode as suggested by @Rafael266 and that does the trick. In that mode braking can be completely disabled. The only problem is that stick response is reduced in cinematic mode.

"You could hack it to enable Atti mode "

Air with Atti mode? Teach me please.

I fly ATTI mode with Phantom 3P and homebrew birds. I also would like to fly in ATTI mode with MA but have not found a way to enable it. Maybe if you block the GPS receiver with foil and block the downward VPS sensors it would switch to ATTI. Haven't tried that but it probably would not take off.

If you search around there are a few posts on it, if I remember correctly, you have to downgrade DJI Go 4 to an earlier version, you can then open it in debug mode, change a flag from a 0 to a 1 (could be the other way round) and it essentially turns your Sport Mode switch to an Atti Mode switch.

Here you go, I believe this thread details the steps needed:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast