DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sports mode to Atti mode?

MrRobville

Reactions
Since I pretty much never use Sports mode, I'd like to reprogram the switch to toggle Atti mode instead, to allow me to intervene in case the GPS goes haywire or to fly indoors without fearing a sudden GPS lock that sends the drone straight into a wall.

A couple times I've seen people mention that they managed to do this, but there doesn't seem to be any clear instructions to be found anywhere.

From what I have found, you need to turn DJI Assistant 2 into debug mode first by modifying a configuration file. However, this no longer works on the latest version of DJIA2. In fact, people say it only works on V1.1.2. However, download links are nowhere to be found, and any link referring to DJI's website seems to be broken, giving me an XML error.

Has anyone recently reprogrammed the Sports mode switch to Atti mode, and can explain the steps to me on how to do this? With either the latest version of DJIA2, or with 1.1.2 if one still has a working download link somewhere.

Reactions: BMW Z4
if this is the case and i need dji assistannt 1.2 then you prob need to downgrade your bird to 103.700 which is the firmware of choice for doing mods using assistant, theres lots of utube and such on how, and theres an app now that makes it automatic from dronebreakz, seems like a lot of work to me but if u want it that bad that app is prob the best way to go.

V1.1.2 is only required for the debug mode within the program itself. In the latest DJIA2 version, debug mode no longer works. As far as I can read, the Air is still compatible with older versions of it.

to use assitant 1.2 and change the parameters in your mavic u need to be on a firmware that will allow changes, the newer firmwares dont allow this so u would need to downgrade your mavic,many including myself have done it, then u can use assitant in debug mode to change the things u want to change, its a lot of work but can be done, i use assistant 1.2 to change other paremters not the one u have mentioned, i think your best bet if u want to do this is to contact dronebreakz or nolimitsdrones and they can get u the app that does all this automatically, they sell the app pretty cheap for what it can do, or it u think u can handle all the work to down grade your mav go that route,

I managed to do it!
After some more searching I found this link. Which was posted on drones4life.

After it installed, I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\AppFiles\main.js and removed the two slashes in front of mainWindow.webContents.openDevTools()
Now it worked. The Assistant opened with the debug window.

For anyone else who wants to reprogram this button and stumbles across this topic, I'll include the rest of the steps.
-When DJIA is opened, go to the resources tab within the debug panel and navigate to Local storage>file://
-In the list on the right, change the debug key from 0 to 1
-Connect the Mavic and wait for the icon to show, in my case, it said Mavic Pro despite having an Air connected.
-Open the Air, and click on Parameters in the left menu bar
-Search for "g_config_control_control_mode[1]" (without quotations)
-Change its value from 8 to 3
-Done

After I did this, I tried it out, and it works! When I now flip the Sports mode switch, it switches to Atti mode instead, and vice versa.

Since I pretty much never use Sports mode, I'd like to reprogram the switch to toggle Atti mode instead, to allow me to intervene in case the GPS goes haywire or to fly indoors without fearing a sudden GPS lock that sends the drone straight into a wall.

A couple times I've seen people mention that they managed to do this, but there doesn't seem to be any clear instructions to be found anywhere.

From what I have found, you need to turn DJI Assistant 2 into debug mode first by modifying a configuration file. However, this no longer works on the latest version of DJIA2. In fact, people say it only works on V1.1.2. However, download links are nowhere to be found, and any link referring to DJI's website seems to be broken, giving me an XML error.

Has anyone recently reprogrammed the Sports mode switch to Atti mode, and can explain the steps to me on how to do this? With either the latest version of DJIA2, or with 1.1.2 if one still has a working download link somewhere.

Will the drone automatically switch from ATTI mode to a GPS lock mode if you start out flying it in ATTI mode? I flew mine in ATTI mode all weekend while we were rock climbing because of poor GPS reception. It worked fine and when I wanted to fly more than 50 feet off the ground I would switch to sport mode. I kept the drone very close to make sure my connection stayed strong. It might have been disastrous though if the thing all of a sudden locked onto GPS and went cliff diving. Also, is there any way to change the the "max hight" while flying in ATTI mode without switching to sport mode? I like being able to fly it with the sensors on but couldn't go higher than 50 feet.

Will the drone automatically switch from ATTI mode to a GPS lock mode if you start out flying it in ATTI mode? I flew mine in ATTI mode all weekend while we were rock climbing because of poor GPS reception. It worked fine and when I wanted to fly more than 50 feet off the ground I would switch to sport mode. I kept the drone very close to make sure my connection stayed strong. It might have been disastrous though if the thing all of a sudden locked onto GPS and went cliff diving. Also, is there any way to change the the "max hight" while flying in ATTI mode without switching to sport mode? I like being able to fly it with the sensors on but couldn't go higher than 50 feet.

Are you talking about flying in ATTI mode having switched it to ATTI, or ATTI mode simply because the aircraft doesn't have a GPS lock? If the former, then it will stay in ATTI and there are no flight restrictions. If the latter, then it will default to P-GPS when it has a GPS health level of 4 or higher.

Are you talking about flying in ATTI mode having switched it to ATTI, or ATTI mode simply because the aircraft doesn't have a GPS lock? If the former, then it will stay in ATTI and there are no flight restrictions. If the latter, then it will default to P-GPS when it has a GPS health level of 4 or higher.
In my case it automatically booted up in ATTI mode due to the lack of GPS lock. It worked fine because it never acquired enough GPS strength to switch back and forth. So if I am understanding you correctly I can manually set it to ATTI mode and it won't attempt to search for a GPS lock? I would think that if you are in a place with poor GPS signal that you wouldn't want it to flip flop back and forth between modes.

In my case it automatically booted up in ATTI mode due to the lack of GPS lock. It worked fine because it never acquired enough GPS strength to switch back and forth. So if I am understanding you correctly I can manually set it to ATTI mode and it won't attempt to search for a GPS lock? I would think that if you are in a place with poor GPS signal that you wouldn't want it to flip flop back and forth between modes.
Exactly that. By default, you have no control on whether or not the Air uses Atti mode, which I've read is risky when flying indoors as a sudden GPS lock could make the drone think that it is far from where it should be.
By reprogramming the Sports mode switch to Atti mode, you can force the drone to fly in Atti mode. It'll indeed never try to lock on GPS unless you switch it back again. This is also useful in case of a fly away, which tends to occur in GPS mode if the compass isn't calibrated correctly. I doubt I'll ever really need it since I triple check if everything is OK before taking off, but still, it is nice to have this extra bit of control as a last resort. I find that more useful than Sports mode since I use the Air for smooth shots anyway.

This is wrong.

Search a bit, some people have kept copies of old assistants.
i am understanding that newer firmwares on the BIRD not assistant dont allow any changing of paremeters using old versions of assistant? or is it just the newer firmwares dont allow changing stuff like nfz and height and such? the nnewer firmwares dont allow this correct!!!

There are a couple of parameters that are no more accessible on newer firmwares, but the whole principle of editing params is valid on all versions including latest and most of them are still available.

There are a couple of parameters that are no more accessible on newer firmwares, but the whole principle of editing params is valid on all versions including latest and most of them are still available.
ahhh i see, ok some like nfz and height assumably are gone in newer firware but this atti switch isnt considered dangerous so its still accesable on say 104,300. thats good to know, i wonder if the speed and accesnt and decent are still available to adjust in newer firmwares, i have mine changed and i like where they are.

I managed to do it!

After it installed, I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\AppFiles\main.js and removed the two slashes in front of mainWindow.webContents.openDevTools()

For anyone else who wants to reprogram this button and stumbles across this topic, I'll include the rest of the steps.
-When DJIA is opened, go to the resources tab within the debug panel and navigate to Local storage>file://
-Connect the Mavic and wait for the icon to show, in my case, it said Mavic Pro despite having an Air connected.
-Done

After I did this, I tried it out, and it works! When I now flip the Sports mode switch, it switches to Atti mode instead, and vice versa.
Happy to report the above still works great. I would add that ' g_config_control_control_mode[1] ' is prefaced by ' ' fswitch_selection '. There are a lot of selections and I just looked for the 8 in the value column to start. And to find the Parameters section I had to click on the highlighted to get the menu bar.
1545780739524.png

Last edited:
I managed to do it!

-Done

Followed your steps and did the change. Works OK
Thank You!!

So it still works with the very latest firmware?
I also like fly with the wind and never used sport mode, i'm not a racing pilot.
Also it is possible to set another function to Fn button, other than GO4 accept to choose from by default?

thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada