DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disappearing maps

Robert Leigh

Reactions
Does anyone else have problems with their cached maps vanishing really quickly?

I plan a waypoint mission in Litchi when I'm connected to the Internet on wi-fi, and all the satellite imagery of the map comes up as I plan the route. I save the mission, open it again straight away and sure enough, the satellite imagery is still there. But as soon as the next day, if I'm out flying, and off the internet, I'll open a mission, and just the route's there, with just a grid in the background.

The other day, I planned a mission, then went away to where I couldn't get wf-fi, and again, the imagery had gone. It seems I just have no control over how long the cached maps last for.

I wonder what I could be doing wrong? My Nexus 7 has plenty of free storage space, so I doubt if it could be that.

Happens to me all the time with DJI Go4 and DJI GSPro (which I prefer to Go4 for pre-planned missions). If my Ipad Mini 4 (wifi only) that I connect to the RC is not linked to an Hotspot (that I can easily set up on my smartphone, but sometimes I forget to do) then I only see the route and a grid. No data connection, no maps. Never heard of map cache for these 2 programs.
Might it be the same for Litchi?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tansh