DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnection Issues

JarinW

Reactions
I just wanted too see if anyone is having random disconnection issues with their Enterprise drones. We, LEO agency, currently have a fleet of 4 Mavic Pro 2 Duals and 8 Zooms. All of them seem to random disconnection issues where we loose video transmission at ranges where they shouldn't. All pilot are running Samsung 10e smartphones with the standard controllers. Every drone, controller, and batteries are updated with the latest firmware. I'm at the point where I'm thinking its signal interference from the urban environment. Does anyone have similar experiences and do you think if the Smart Controllers would offer better video signal? Thanks!

I just wanted too see if anyone is having random disconnection issues with their Enterprise drones. We, LEO agency, currently have a fleet of 4 Mavic Pro 2 Duals and 8 Zooms. All of them seem to random disconnection issues where we loose video transmission at ranges where they shouldn't. All pilot are running Samsung 10e smartphones with the standard controllers. Every drone, controller, and batteries are updated with the latest firmware. I'm at the point where I'm thinking its signal interference from the urban environment. Does anyone have similar experiences and do you think if the Smart Controllers would offer better video signal? Thanks!

The only 2 things that come to mind are the SD card and to try Re - Linking your Drones .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain / Snow and Land on water.

Do you also lose control of the aircraft or just lose the video feed?If it's just the video feed my experience has been the cable that connects the controller to the phone.

Top of the app screen will tell you if RC disconnected in which check cable/phone but RC still has control, or AC disconnected in which case you still are connected to RC, but AC signal is indeed lost.

@paulmall2 Switching to 5.8GHz helps. But I'm worried about the range. As soon as I lift-off, I can see the connection is shown as weak on the app. What's the max range possible on 5.8GHz?

The problem is definitely with the Dual frequency mode. This issue started at the beginning of 2020 after I did a FW update. When searching around I came across a similar issue that an older drone faced: Can't swich from 5G to 2,4G anymore I'm also using an android. Maybe I should try with an iPhone to see if it changes anything. But I clearly see the RC signal being lost. So, maybe the app OS doesn't have anything to do with it. Maybe DJI just wants us all to upgrade to the new drone :)

Hi did you resolve this issue....?

My M2 Zoom is 2 years old and out of warranty - there are no 'DJI Care' schemes in Thailand.
I didnt use my M2 Zoom for a few months, then i had severe antenna and disconnect issues when I tried to fly. I tried in different locations and even tried my friends M2 which worked perfectly, but his RC had the same issues trying to fly my AC. I contacted DJI support and was given the details of DJI Service agent here in Thailand. They initially repaired the drone and sent it back. But the issue was even worse, so DJI asked me to send it back again, but I have already lost confidence in the service centre here in Thailand. Now they have quoted $1000+ to replace the Core Board. I too dont understand why my Core Board would fail through lack of use.

I would be interested in hearing how others resolved this issue - is a core board replacement really neccessary or is it a simple connector problem...

My M2 Zoom is 2 years old and out of warranty - there are no 'DJI Care' schemes in Thailand.
I didnt use my M2 Zoom for a few months, then i had severe antenna and disconnect issues when I tried to fly. I tried in different locations and even tried my friends M2 which worked perfectly, but his RC had the same issues trying to fly my AC. I contacted DJI support and was given the details of DJI Service agent here in Thailand. They initially repaired the drone and sent it back. But the issue was even worse, so DJI asked me to send it back again, but I have already lost confidence in the service centre here in Thailand. Now they have quoted $1000+ to replace the Core Board. I too dont understand why my Core Board would fail through lack of use.

I would be interested in hearing how others resolved this issue - is a core board replacement really necessary or is it a simple connector problem...

Couple things to consider, When a drone sits for a 6 months or a year there is nothing that would happen inside the drone to compromise it thus the Batteries would be my top focus :

The Risk of the batteries going bad do to the Nature of the Lithium Batteries but more importantly missing a battery update which as as we talk about on the Forum is Tricky . Those intelligent Batteries are in fact in many ways responsible for how the drone flys.

Before I would ever consent to sending in a drone that mysteriously would not fly or start , i would purchase a new updated battery and update using the Assistant 2.

DJI go to is if something is wrong say with the IMU is to just replace the whole Mother board which is standard Practice rather than just replacing the IMU .

Example today : Flew the Air 2 it stopped 150 out would not go out any further .
Once again I missed another new battery update and after the update I was free to fly past the 150 cut off that the battery was giving me.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in the Rain / Snow and land on Water .

Couple things to consider, When a drone sits for a 6 months or a year there is nothing that would happen inside the drone to compromise it thus the Batteries would be my top focus :

The Risk of the batteries going bad do to the Nature of the Lithium Batteries but more importantly missing a battery update which as as we talk about on the Forum is Tricky . Those intelligent Batteries are in fact in many ways responsible for how the drone flys.

Before I would ever consent to sending in a drone that mysteriously would not fly or start , i would purchase a new updated battery and update using the Assistant 2.

DJI go to is if something is wrong say with the IMU is to just replace the whole Mother board which is standard Practice rather than just replacing the IMU .

Example today : Flew the Air 2 it stopped 150 out would not go out any further .
Once again I missed another new battery update and after the update I was free to fly past the 150 cut off that the battery was giving me.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in the Rain / Snow and land on Water .
Thank you for a comprehensive reply.
My drone is still with the service centre.
I have contacted DJI and they are investigating the ฿1000 quote I have received.
I must admit I was suspicious of 1 of my 3 batteries as it gave a magnetic interference issue.
However, I did previously update everything via the PC assistant.
I too can’t understand why a core board would become faulty.

I would be interested in hearing how others resolved this issue - is a core board replacement really neccessary or is it a simple connector problem...

I have same problem, I am in Bangkok Thailand too, I try to change connecting from auto to 5.8 Ghz only it work well, but not go far. I want to ask you about cost of change core board and the result, It good or not? My drone is 2 year fly not much.
thank you.

I have same problem, I am in Bangkok Thailand too, I try to change connecting from auto to 5.8 Ghz only it work well, but not go far. I want to ask you about cost of change core board and the result, It good or not? My drone is 2 year fly not much.
thank you.
I have had terrible problems getting my drone repaired in Thailand.
After dealing with LNWGadget (who broke the camera) DJI Supprt recommended PDAThai, but they never answer emails and when my wife called them they wanted ฿30,000+ ($1,000+) to repair the core board.
I didn’t allow that repair.
DJI Support have now arranged for my drone to be returned to DJI China for a full diagnostic/ repair.
It is in the post now.
For information, my contact at support.DJI.com is Lynne Wu.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka