DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DIY rear compass cabling fix

Märkøs80... Çhëk ür wire under the rear top cover if plugged in to mainboard... If it's plugged in then replace GPS\Compass module....

Thanks mate , everything is connected, so I need to replace the rear or front module?

Thanks for this thread. You brought my MAVIC back to life.
Earlier, I had a compass problem with each flight in sport mode.
Now the problem no longer exists.

I can finally start flying !!

Before:
before.PNG before.png before1.png
After:
after.png

Reactions: slkfis
Many thanks to the people who provided the great information in this thread!
I also got a compass error every time that I flew my Mavic Pro at fast speeds, but almost never at slow speeds. I must have re calibrated the compass 50 times since I bought the drone when they first came out and each time it said it was a successful calibration, but still got the errors during fast flight.
Based on the info in this thread I took my bird apart today and low and behold the wires were NOT twisted. I removed both back legs and twisted the wires 4 to 5 times and put it all back together. I just came back in from a full speed test flight and NO MORE COMPASS ERRORS!
Thanks guys!

Reactions: Randy and BudWalker
Hey y'all. Many thanks to the contributors of this thread.

I'm also having compass redundancy switch warnings but my situation seems a little unique. Mine has only occurred on the ground before take-off. Calibrated compass on 2 separate occasions in open field with no metal and the issue is persists (maybe every 4th or 5th flight). Compass readings in the Go4 app seem normal. I've read this entire thread and thought maybe I needed the wire twist mod, but checking my serial (08Q2F3E00S1028) it seems my refurb'ed Mavic was born only a few weeks ago.

I'm hesitant to open it up if I don't have to. Assuming that the newer build means that the wires are already twisted, what else could cause this? I typically restart everything and move to a slightly different location. Does this make any difference?

I don't know if this is related but after turning I sometimes experience a slow yaw drift. If pushing on the forward stick the AC wants to veer 5-10 degrees. Letting it settle a minute after a turn seems to help. Sometimes I barely notice this effect, other times it seems more present.

I have yet to learn how to pull DAT files but in the meantime I have AirData on a recent flight. Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Thanks so much.
Ernie

Reactions: Randy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom