DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI 7.8” Crystalsky High-Brightness worth it ?

Zerosignal24

Reactions
Hey guys , rookie Drone flyer utilizing a mavic 2 Pro. Debating purchasing the Crystalsky as the sun is always bright out here In Southern California , thinking the summer is gonna be a tough one to see the footage from the iPad mini 4 I current use. Any thoughts ? New model coming out soon ?

If you do get one, you wont be sorry. It weighs a bit more than the iPad Mini 4, but it's truly an astonishing piece of equipment.

Just hesitant cuz of all the mixed reviews and heating issues plus the poor support from DJI

I have the 7.85 high brightness, about 1 year old. Has been flawless in reliability. Connects to either P4 Pro Vr 2.0 or MPP, MP2 no problems. You may see occasional video freezes or glitches on screen but they never show up on the actual video. It's a bit on the heavy side but screen is easy to see in bright light. There are several good adapters to allow you to use the DJI quick release designed for the Phantom controller. In heat of summer fan on monitor will kick in, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on battery life. The battery will last a long time.

Paul C

Reactions: Former Member
I have the 7.85 high brightness, about 1 year old. Has been flawless in reliability. Connects to either P4 Pro Vr 2.0 or MPP, MP2 no problems. You may see occasional video freezes or glitches on screen but they never show up on the actual video. It's a bit on the heavy side but screen is easy to see in bright light. There are several good adapters to allow you to use the DJI quick release designed for the Phantom controller. In heat of summer fan on monitor will kick in, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on battery life. The battery will last a long time.

Paul C

Good points. Get an extra battery just in case, plus the CS doesnt come with a charger!

great point, I overlooked, but did get bit when I purchased.

I now have the adapter from Fstoppers.com that allows you to charge the batteries for the CS with their multi-charger.

DJI expects you to use the Phantom Charger. These can also be purchased separately.

Paul C

great point, I overlooked, but did get bit when I purchased.

I now have the adapter from Fstoppers.com that allows you to charge the batteries for the CS with their multi-charger.

DJI expects you to use the Phantom Charger. These can also be purchased separately.

Paul C
I have the 7.85 CS high brightness. Works great in the AZ sun. Batteries last a long time, usually equivalent of 2 controller charges. You get 2 with the CS.

Last edited:
I bought CS 7.85” Ultra Bright 2000 cd/m² monitor almost year ago, right after I purchased my MP. I've never experienced any problems. It works way better on sunny days than my Samsung S9 Plus or my wife iPhone X. After trying couple different brackets I decided to go with LifThor Sif CS II one together with DJI Remote Controller Mounting Bracket mainly because it allows me to see the controller display and all controls on it. Weight is not an issue for me, rarely extend the single flight pass 20 minutes. Another reason I like the CS is ability to backup my footage and pictures without dragging laptop when on multiple day trips on my bike where luggage space is always very limited. With CS I can put SD cards from all my cameras and copy files to Samsung T5 Portable SSD 1TB USB 3.1 drive.
20180828_212351.jpg

I love the CrystalSky 7.85" Ultra Bright that I bought. My only issue is the fact that it's and Android device instead of iOS. It took awhile for DJI to make it 3rd party apps compatible. But, that's mostly been solved, and I can use Litchi, which I use almost exclusively instead of the DJI GO4 app.

Unfortunately, DroneDeploy doesn't make a compatible app for the CrystalSky, and I'm forced to use my phone. If the CrystalSky was iOS capable, I'd probably be able to use the DroneDeploy app.

I have the 7.8 high Brightness, it is perfectly fine. I used my buddies ultra b. For a day before opting for the 7.8 HB... I find the HB works just fine plus it's a few dollars cheaper.

Thanks for all the feedback , came up on a local deal for High brightness model for $500 with 3 total batteries , plus charger and polar pro soft case and polar pro screen cover

Reactions: gphinney
Thanks for all the feedback , came up on a local deal for High brightness model for $500 with 3 total batteries , plus charger and polar pro soft case and polar pro screen cover
Sounds like you're ready to go.....there is a lot of fine points with the HB model. I just started to use the HDMI slot on the CrystalSky using the Avagant Glyph headset. At first I had a bunch of lag but after lowering the resolution some the lag is barely noticeable.

Sounds like you're ready to go.....there is a lot of fine points with the HB model. I just started to use the HDMI slot on the CrystalSky using the Avagant Glyph headset. At first I had a bunch of lag but after lowering the resolution some the lag is barely noticeable.

Any suggestions on what to look for on this used model from a local seller besides the obvious : screen condition ? , physical conditions?

Any suggestions on what to look for on this used model from a local seller besides the obvious : screen condition ? , physical conditions?
Bring a small flashlight, check in every connection port and look for damage. The USB has a little tab in it, make sure it's there. The obvious, like cracks in the case. Ask if theres a warranty of some kind. Make sure the ports are in good working shape.

You bet CrystalSky 7.85" Ultra Bright is worth it, all problems solved, now forget about the screen and the problems that go along with screens. It is the solution for all screen problems.

You guys convinced me so well to get it , so far very pleased with the purchase (especially the price) now I need to sell my Nanuk hard case to upgrade to the GPC to fit the Crystalsky. Thanks again

You like? What's your impression of the Brightness?

Yes, I like....for now it's one of the better technologies out there. But as you know, technology changes at a rapid pace and I'm sure one day theres going to be something to replace the crystal sky monitor with better compliments. Mine is the high brightness and it does a fantastic job for what it is....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk