DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI AIR 2 - Remote Control Major Issue - Zero input on right joystick

taz1337

Reactions
Hi all,

I just unboxed my new drone and it is not working. Im totally stressed out by the beeping sound of the Remote Control which isn’t working as it is supposed to.

Chronology:
Unbox
Charge batteries and prepare drone
Download app
Update firmware drone through app
Update firmware remote control through dji assistant 2 on PC
Refresh same firmware drone on PC (just in case)
I get the video image and everything works on my phone.

I did all calibrations (compass IMU and controller)
The last one posed the problem, but solved the annoying beeping sound temporarily.

At the controller my right joystick stays at 0% value no matter which direction I push! (Removed by moderator)
The left joystick for ascending and descending, and the gimbal scroller work perfectly.

I can only fly up and down after take off. I can’t strafe or anything else the right controller is supposed to do.
Using standard mode 2

Can’t seem to find threads with people that experience the same issue with a brand new Air 2. It’s really a bummer after being excited for it to arrive, and it’s not what you expect for the price charged.

So I’m guessing a hardware malfunction..
I contacted DJI support and my dealer tomorrow when they open.

Thoughts about a possible fix would be great. I think I’ve tried all I could..

Attachments

• EF173088-A6D5-4E86-AB1C-5E89A429B113.png
    EF173088-A6D5-4E86-AB1C-5E89A429B113.png
    348.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
All I did for my first five flights was go up and down so at least you have that out of the way.

Wasn’t that great since the drone felt out of control and I spent all evening trying to figure out how to stop the beeping and fix the remote

Reactions: JackL
I have had that annoying beeping happen with my remote twice and recently concluded from reading posts here it will happen if you power up the remote without the sticks centered. Your factory defective right stick must be triggering it. The RTH beeping is equally annoying, fwiw. Hope they get you sorted out quickly with a replacement.

Thanks JackL for confirming ! I just ordered another one and sent the whole Fly more combo pack back to the dealer.
Do not need or want repairs or whatsoever on the current product.

DJI Support reaction:
If the issue still persists, we kindly suggest you send it back to us for further diagnosis.

To make the repair process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online forms you will receive a case number with instruction about how to send it in.

1. To get started with the online repair request, please click the link: DJI and click the button "submit a repair request".
2. Log-in to your DJI account using your DJI username and password if you do not login.
3. Select your region and country, and follow the guidance step by step.
4. Once you have entered all of the required information, you will receive a case number formatted as CAS-XXXXXX-XXXXXX. And please follow the instruction provided to move forward.

Will it go forward or backward or no right stick input at all?

Hi all,

I just unboxed my new drone and it is not working. Im totally stressed out by the beeping sound of the Remote Control which isn’t working as it is supposed to.

Chronology:
Unbox
Charge batteries and prepare drone
Download app
Update firmware drone through app
Update firmware remote control through dji assistant 2 on PC
Refresh same firmware drone on PC (just in case)
I get the video image and everything works on my phone.

I did all calibrations (compass IMU and controller)
The last one posed the problem, but solved the annoying beeping sound temporarily.

At the controller my right joystick stays at 0% value no matter which direction I push! (Removed by moderator)
The left joystick for ascending and descending, and the gimbal scroller work perfectly.

I can only fly up and down after take off. I can’t strafe or anything else the right controller is supposed to do.
Using standard mode 2

Can’t seem to find threads with people that experience the same issue with a brand new Air 2. It’s really a bummer after being excited for it to arrive, and it’s not what you expect for the price charged.

So I’m guessing a hardware malfunction..
I contacted DJI support and my dealer tomorrow when they open.

Thoughts about a possible fix would be great. I think I’ve tried all I could..
What did you end up doing? I just got the same problem.

What did you end up doing? I just got the same problem.
This is a really old thread... OP may have moved on.

Have you checked for the DJI Fly setting under Safety to enable/disable sideways flight? There is an icon in the app that can change the setting. It has to do with APAS obstacle avoidance, but part of the rotation in the gold icon is disable sideways flight - this essentially disables the right side-to-side control stick.

1649178770301.png

Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121