Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 3 Owners can sleep better

projectarjun

Reactions
At least according to this fellow,

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Thanks for sharing

As revealed in the video comments, the testing/comparison methodology is questionable, and the conclusions derived are therefore faulty.

An interesting take, I guess. I own both and the Mavic 3 Pro simply dominates in low light. What I find somewhat ironic is that he has neither of the drones and is basically doing napkin math. Granted the M3 he has should be the same, but it's still funny to me.

I wonder how the Air 3 does in low light compared to the Mini pro 4? They have the same size sensor and camera.

Any thoughts on this?

I held an Air 3 and a mini 3 pro in my hands on Saturday. I immediately wanted to buy the Air 3. It felt noticeably more sturdy, and better built. Much less toy like.

How does the footage compare in normal and low light conditions?

Last edited:
The salient point is that there are multiple factors that impact sensor performance besides pixel size. As such, it's quite possible for a camera with a smaller sensor to outperform a camera with a larger sensor of older technology, or other differences like light transmission.

I don't have Air 3 handy - returned it in favor of Mavic 3P but got a Mini 4P for a couple of weeks while my RC Pro was in repair with DJI. As much as I didn't like Mini 3P's image output, Mini 4P impressed me with it's stills image capabilities on low light (twilight after sunset). I am linking an image below from Mini 4P taken from the skies above the top of a mountain while snowshoeing here in British Columbia Canada.

Getting properly focused and tack sharp images from the 3x tele camera on either drone is very hard because of the presence of winds higher up in the atmosphere. The shake/blur gets amplified on a tele camera.

Mavic 3 Pro's main four-thirds sensor will always be better in low light than the smaller 1/1.3" sensor on Air 3. I have not watched the video but it also depends on what kind of encoding and color space is being used. A modern larger sensor will always lend to more detail retrieval.

Reactions: benni and Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat