DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Air2s Noisy cooling fan

Oman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I ordered air 2s in April, I was looking forward to flying it BUT. I ended up with a drone with a noisy cooling fan. I asked for a refund and got one with no problemo Now the reason for this thread is I need a little input. Should I take a chance and order another air 2s or go with a dirrerent model with less problems?
Thanks Oman

We purchase Two of everything we buy for this exact same reason. You want to get a perfect drone out of the box. I would not hesitate to purchase another one and with a keen eye make sure its perfect.

We send more Drones back because the SD card is to far set back and that for me is just to frustrating to deal with , the Refund and replacement is just a way of life now.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2/S in the Rain and land on Water.

We purchase Two of everything we buy for this exact same reason. You want to get a perfect drone out of the box. I would not hesitate to purchase another one and with a keen eye make sure its perfect.

We send more Drones back because the SD card is to far set back and that for me is just to frustrating to deal with , the Refund and replacement is just a way of life now.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2/S in the Rain and land on Water.
What? Run that by me again! Are you telling us that the quality control makes a difference in the drone I am getting in the box? This is an important statement that should be broadcast more forcefully. Now, I am learning that when I finally do get up enough gumption to purchase the upcoming new release of the Mavic 3 that I may be getting a lemon????

It would seem that the air 2s has a problem fans, not sure about how widespread it is but here is my experience.

My first 2s had a problem with the fan where I suspect the bearing has play. When picking up the AC and moving it the gyroscopic force causes the fan to rub and sound like a shaver. Not sure if this is the same for you, but there is another thread in this forum where people had the same problem, and their replacements were without this problem.

My replacement actually had a worse fan than the first, with audible rubbing on startup. Currently DJI now want me to send it back for analysis and repair. I’ve said I’m not happy with this situation and have asked for a refund, I’m waiting to hear back.

This was my first drone and as much as I love the air 2s, I’m really unhappy with DJI‘s quality control.

If yours is just loud without rubbing noise then that’s normal for the air 2s

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
What? Run that by me again! Are you telling us that the quality control makes a difference in the drone I am getting in the box? This is an important statement that should be broadcast more forcefully. Now, I am learning that when I finally do get up enough gumption to purchase the upcoming new release of the Mavic 3 that I may be getting a lemon????

You have quality control , the human element and shipping

Until you start purchasing more than 1 drone , you wont see the differences , for instance you might have a start up time that is 7 seconds from the time the camera reaches a stable horizon to that of 10 seconds on the drone startup . We learned this from the phantom 4 Series drones when we purchased 10 of them for a client, I made a video on that.

That is when I started buying Two of Everything :

Fun Fact: I purchased two Peloton bikes : Both me and my girl biked the same beginner program , I was spent, sick, dizzy, and could not understand how she was doing it, but I did not want to say anything about it. A week went by and I dreaded getting on that bike, well it turns out that her bike resistance of 50 was the equivalent of my 20. No wonder I was killing myself and i would have never known. They had to replace the bike.

so I would not go so far as to say you may get a lemon but having that second box to open can change the overall experience and if you dont need it , send it back unopened.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the rain and land in the water.

You have quality control , the human element and shipping

Until you start purchasing more than 1 drone , you wont see the differences , for instance you might have a start up time that is 7 seconds from the time the camera reaches a stable horizon to that of 10 seconds on the drone startup . We learned this from the phantom 4 Series drones when we purchased 10 of them for a client, I made a video on that.

That is when I started buying Two of Everything :

Fun Fact: I purchased two Peloton bikes : Both me and my girl biked the same beginner program , I was spent, sick, dizzy, and could not understand how she was doing it, but I did not want to say anything about it. A week went by and I dreaded getting on that bike, well it turns out that her bike resistance of 50 was the equivalent of my 20. No wonder I was killing myself and i would have never known. They had to replace the bike.

so I would not go so far as to say you may get a lemon but having that second box to open can change the overall experience and if you dont need it , send it back unopened.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the rain and land in the water.
I don't want to belabor the point, but I can easily tell if I have a lemon if my new car window never works, or some other obvious defect, but I had no concept of what the normal startup time of my Mavic 2 Pro should be. I am fine with the way it is but I'd never think of timing it, and then comparing it to someone else's.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02