DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assist-2 v1.1.6 + zone alarm locks up

jag32266

Reactions
Using the desktop app on my Win 7 machine and I was able to upgrade my firmware though that wasn't what I was going for,.. thought I would check my calibration etc to make sure all was in order as I have had my Platinum two months now.
Got a warning from Zone Alarm saying the was a heuristic 'somethin' (could not read the rest as the window wasn't big enough) even when I tried to make it larger.
That started a whole host of issues; 1.) the window stated it was 'treating' the issue 2.) I couldn't do anything else on on my desktop 3.) everything else was locked up 4.) to include trying to open Task Manager to take some control over what to close.
It also prevented me from re-starting my machine to the point I went and ate lunch only to come back to the same 'spinning wheel'.

After several re-boots and having the same issue where Zone Alarm would open and state the same issue: 1.) when I no longer even had DJI Assist 2 running, 2.) Even after re-booting etc. ad. infinitum

Work around was to 1.) interrupt the bootup to keep ZA from opening, 2.) Uninstall DJI-2 3.) Re-boot 4.) interrupt ZA from startup

And that's my current state. Is there really an issue with Win7 and DJI-2? (obviously)
Any suggestions? Please don't say Win10/Mac

TIA

ps- I'm off to run a scan using WebRoot & ESET , wish me luck

DJI Assistant 2 shows up in virus scans as a Heur.AdvML.C malware, which from my research is a false positive.

So I would just turn off Zone Alarm and install the Assistant, there is no other way unless you don't want to use it.

Reactions: jag32266

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure