DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Assistant 2 Mavic

Slot Tech

Reactions
Anyone else having issues with the dji assistant on windows. Won't show current firmware on aircraft or controller. Always says network error. It's the latest version 2.06

Mine has never had an issue with downloading it. It even updated to the newest version. Just doesn't seem to work anymore

Reactions: Former Member
As a Windoze user for decades and despite the much-needed improvements over the years, the OS still gets wigged out from time to time so I'm wondering if you tried a cold boot on the computer to see if DJIA2 would work again?

As a Windoze user for decades and despite the much-needed improvements over the years, the OS still gets wigged out from time to time so I'm wondering if you tried a cold boot on the computer to see if DJIA2 would work again?
That is exactly what I was thinking so I tried re booting my machine 3 times and was still getting the message.

That is exactly what I was thinking so I tried re booting my machine 3 times and was still getting the message.

Had the exact same problem yesterday. The dji assistant 2 mavic I had, always worked fine. Last night got the admin blocked message. Downloaded new asisstant from dji but same problem. Six hours later with lots of youtube video and swearing I finally got it to work. I'm not a IT guy. Trial and error is my technique.

I don't use W10 much, only have it on laptop. Bear with me on explaining what I did. Seems like theres more then 1 Admin account. One account worked the other didn't. I got the command prompt from right clicking start button. Next clicking on Powershell(admin). This brought up the system32 command prompt. Type command
net user administrator /active:yes Exactly with spaces. You should get message for sucess. Exit. Go back to
start button on desktop to user icon. Click on icon, you should have admin sign in option. Check admin option and wait for PC to switch to admin account.

While in admin account go to control panel and click on user accounts, then click user accounts again to get option for changing user accounts setting. A slider picture should appear. I moved slided to 3rd setting from top. OK. and exit. Download new dji assistant 2 for mavic. It worked ok after that. I ran the assistant while still in the admin account. Tried to run it on normal account but would not work, got same error message. Hope this helps someone else.

Anyone else having issues with the dji assistant on windows. Won't show current firmware on aircraft or controller. Always says network error. It's the latest version 2.06
Had the same problem, I finally reset my router powering it off and on and that took care of it, hopefully it works for you

Got this response from DJI tech support regarding the DJI Assistant 2 problem:
"With regard to your concern, our engineers already found the cause of the issue and they're working on it. Please be advised that your issue was already been coordinate and we advised to install or run DJI Assistant 2 software using a computer with Windows 7/8 or Mac for the meantime since a new version of DJI Assistant 2 will be released to fix the issue."

Got this response from DJI tech support regarding the DJI Assistant 2 problem:
"With regard to your concern, our engineers already found the cause of the issue and they're working on it. Please be advised that your issue was already been coordinate and we advised to install or run DJI Assistant 2 software using a computer with Windows 7/8 or Mac for the meantime since a new version of DJI Assistant 2 will be released to fix the issue."

I think they might just be trying to save you money. They recommend selling your Win 10 machine, and buying a 10 year old Win 7 PC to run their software until they get their software debugged. Gotta love their thinking.

I think they might just be trying to save you money. They recommend selling your Win 10 machine, and buying a 10 year old Win 7 PC to run their software until they get their software debugged. Gotta love their thinking.

At least they took ownership of the problem. Another Mavic pilot (Lubar) posted a work-around that actually works. Here are the details:

"I don't use W10 much, only have it on laptop. Bear with me on explaining what I did. Seems like theres more then 1 Admin account. One account worked the other didn't. I got the command prompt from right clicking start button. Next clicking on Powershell(admin). This brought up the system32 command prompt. Type command
net user administrator /active:yes Exactly with spaces. You should get message for sucess. Exit. Go back to
start button on desktop to user icon (this is a small icon to the left of the list). Click on icon, you should have admin sign in option. Check admin option and wait for PC to switch to admin account.

While in admin account go to control panel and click on user accounts, then click user accounts again to get option for changing user accounts setting. A slider picture should appear. I moved slided to 3rd setting from top. OK. and exit. Download new dji assistant 2 for mavic. It worked ok after that. I ran the assistant while still in the admin account. Tried to run it on normal account but would not work, got same error message. Hope this helps someone else.
Don't forget to click on the start button and select the user icon and log-in as the Administrator. I skipped that step and had to go back and read the instructions. It will be like setting up a new user so don't freak out like I almost did. Once done if you log in as the administrator you can install and run DJI Assistsnt 2.

Last edited:
.Hope this helps someone else.

It sure did!
Thank you!
I played with the Powershell admin commands the other day, but could not make it work. You method (commands) did work, however, so now I can flip between (super)Admin and regular setting in seconds, with a press of ALT + F4 buttons

Gonna download the DAT from the M1 tonight and see if I can make sense of Sundays flyaway, as the txt file from the device ended when the downlink was lost, after which, the M1 started acting up, flew away and auto landed (or crashed) (Mavic was retrieved from deep, powder snow, basically unharmed (only 2 broken props) by defining the device as homepoint and then just follow the map to the rogue bird)
The Assistant 2 blocking issue just popped up when I was going to start the investigation on Monday..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird