DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI assistant v1.2.0 contains trojan according to Norton

Ode

Reactions
I just downloaded DJI assistant v1.2.0 from DJI's site and installed. After the install Norton Antivirus (Fully updated) said it had found and removed Trojan.Gen2 from the install. It was contained in visionstarter.exe which was installed in c:\program files (x86)\dji product\dji assistant 2\assistant\

This would suggest that DJI's web site has been compromised or a Trojan was purposely placed in the software.

NAV report.jpg

Reactions: Partizans
Disregard...add it to the Norton exclude list.

Thanks for the advice but I'll give it some time. If it is okay Norton will eventually right it. I have a bit of distrust for DJI, I've used Norton products for over 20 years.

Reactions: Partizans
Thanks for the advice but I'll give it some time. If it is okay Norton will eventually right it. I have a bit of distrust for DJI, I've used Norton products for over 20 years.
You'll be waiting a very long time, because Norton has been "flagging" it as a Trojan for well over a year.

Reactions: Rev Curtis
Yup agree with Anthony V same thing happened to me but with "F-Secure" antivirus software, just "Exclude" it, I did so six months ago with no problem....
Waylander

I've had DJI assistant installed for over a year. I noticed a new version (12/29/2017) today (looking for something else) - This is the first time Norton has flagged it for a Trojan, or anything: I checked Norton's logs to be sure.

Odd that it's done it before for you , and others, but not me.

In any case I will leave it as-is for now. I did put in a support ticket to DJI. We'll see what they say.

Thanks for your advice.

I've had DJI assistant installed for over a year. I noticed a new version (12/29/2017) today (looking for something else) - This is the first time Norton has flagged it for a Trojan, or anything: I checked Norton's logs to be sure.

Odd that it's done it before for you , and others, but not me.

In any case I will leave it as-is for now. I did put in a support ticket to DJI. We'll see what they say.

Thanks for your advice.
Okay

As far as I'm concerned, Norton is a virus - it's been banned from my systems for over 20 years.

I bought one of his early tutorial books from Peter Norton himself - it's a real shame what's happened to the product line since he cashed out. The original Norton Utilities were stellar.

Maybe you should be using Kaspersky for you virus software, let the Russians have access to your data. Beside, I don't use Assistant 2, always update over WiFi

Ha Ha
I love this site.. always loads of opportunities to get a dig into the ribs of fellow op's... ;)
Waylander

Maybe you should be using Kaspersky for you virus software, let the Russians have access to your data. Beside, I don't use Assistant 2, always update over WiFi
FYI... The head of Kaspersky is a Russian KGB high-rank officer who is supposedly retired. However, under the Russian system, officer ranks do not retire, they are considered active for life! Most NATO official agencies ban Kaspersky because of this.

As far as I'm concerned, Norton is a virus - it's been banned from my systems for over 20 years.

I bought one of his early tutorial books from Peter Norton himself - it's a real shame what's happened to the product line since he cashed out. The original Norton Utilities were stellar.
Norton utilities was wicked on windows 98se, used it for years, then got win 2k and newer Norton didn't work very well, I'm sure it got worse with XP

Ended up with McAfee on XP, seemed the best to me but that fell apart on win 7

Sysamtec also ruined an awesome program partition magic

Tbh not used Norton since XP, at the moment I'm using avast but fed up with it trying to sell me more stuff so I'm in the market for a new internet security system

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada