DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI ban in effect now?

🙄 You have got to be kidding me.

Not that I'm a fan of Uyghur forced labor or anything, but this is starting to get a bit suspicious.

Looking more like harassment of China than legit problems. What, this suddenly became a problem? Necessitating holding DJI Consumer Drones?

I'm not a fan of China (quite the opposite, geopolitically), but this is childcraft, not statecraft...

Not yet able to fully verify the story but these parts are interesting:

DJI said in its letter the action appeared to be "part of a broader initiative by the Department of Homeland Security to scrutinize the origins of products, particularly in the case of Chinese made drones."

So apparently it isn't just the drones so this is going to be tougher to deal with if we are trying to get DJI drone exempted.

The letter called the claims “unsubstantiated and categorically false, but the law gives them the authority to withhold goods without any tangible evidence”.

What I was afraid of, meaning you don't have to know if it is true or not, the government will do whatever it wishes and I'm sure the House probably put them up to this to buy more time for the ban. As I have mentioned so many times, excessive government rules and regulations are the biggest threat to the hobby.

I also said this in an earlier post and it goes for not only people in the government but also the public....the citizens. If you believe the Chinese DJI drones are banned or prohibited, that's enough for bad things to happen; there doesn't have to be a law in place. The mere fact that nobody knows anything for sure yet the process is being administered as if there is, it means things can go from bad to worse overnight....at any point. We need legislation to protect our hobby.

Edit: One other issue I mentioned earlier in a different thread awhile back during the fight in Congress, if you believe the "ban" is your only fight then you are mistaken, there are other avenues and this is but one of them. At this point, the war is going to be endless and the government seeks different ways (battles) to go about this process and it's all about rinse and repeat even if it means rehashing the same point. Meaning if DJI talks their way into allowing a million Air 3S drones to proceed, they'll like have the same issue with the Mavic 4 until one day, CBP doesn't give way; then what?

In the meantime, supplies dwindled, risk and prices go up, defenders get tired of fighting back, in-flighting further divides the community, etc. One day the US is going to say "DJI, prove to us....let us inspect your factory and the process from start to end." Good luck with that since it will likely uncover new issues not yet addressed; the wildcard being the CCP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rchawks
Politics, pure and simple.

Not yet able to fully verify the story but these parts are interesting:

DJI said in its letter the action appeared to be "part of a broader initiative by the Department of Homeland Security to scrutinize the origins of products, particularly in the case of Chinese made drones."

So apparently it isn't just the drones so this is going to be tougher to deal with if we are trying to get DJI drone exempted.

The letter called the claims “unsubstantiated and categorically false, but the law gives them the authority to withhold goods without any tangible evidence”.

What I was afraid of, meaning you don't have to know if it is true or not, the government will do whatever it wishes and I'm sure the House probably put them up to this to buy more time for the ban. As I have mentioned so many times, excessive government rules and regulations are the biggest threat to the hobby.

I also said this in an earlier post and it goes for not only people in the government but also the public....the citizens. If you believe the Chinese DJI drones are banned or prohibited, that's enough for bad things to happen; there doesn't have to be a law in place. The mere fact that nobody knows anything for sure yet the process is being administered as if there is, it means things can go from bad to worse overnight....at any point. We need legislation to protect our hobby.

Edit: One other issue I mentioned earlier in a different thread awhile back during the fight in Congress, if you believe the "ban" is your only fight then you are mistaken, there are other avenues and this is but one of them. At this point, the war is going to be endless and the government seeks different ways (battles) to go about this process and it's all about rinse and repeat even if it means rehashing the same point. Meaning if DJI talks their way into allowing a million Air 3S drones to proceed, they'll like have the same issue with the Mavic 4 until one day, CBP doesn't give way; then what?

In the meantime, supplies dwindled, risk and prices go up, defenders get tired of fighting back, in-flighting further divides the community, etc. One day the US is going to say "DJI, prove to us....let us inspect your factory and the process from start to end." Good luck with that since it will likely uncover new issues not yet addressed; the wildcard being the CCP.
Excessive government rules and regulations don’t only affect DJI, but it affects us and our way of life. What a mess.

I can purchase a Computer, or Smartphone, or television, or Camera, or recorder, or GPS navigation system, or Aircraft Autopilot, or Security screening system,or hundreds of other products produced in China. SO....... what exactly did the Drone do? besides anger American producers of higher priced products and rich Karens with important friends.

Here's a more likely explanation of what's going on:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Rchawks and Cafguy
FORCED LABOR !!?!!?????!
Do they not pay the Machines over in China the same wages as other countries? Perhaps China makes the Drone machine work overtime and does not report it? or Perhaps the Chinese Manufacturers force their machines to work without being Dusted They selfishly stand there and let the poor machine gather dust as it spits out Drones, with no hope of ever being cleaned without U.S. Government intervention. I can count on one hand the number of humans that have touched your new Drone before you unbox it.

FORCED LABOR !!?!!?????!
Do they not pay the Machines over in China the same wages as other countries? Perhaps China makes the Drone machine work overtime and does not report it? or Perhaps the Chinese Manufacturers force their machines to work without being Dusted They selfishly stand there and let the poor machine gather dust as it spits out Drones, with no hope of ever being cleaned without U.S. Government intervention. I can count on one hand the number of humans that have touched your new Drone before you unbox it.

🙄

Oh man...that guy who was so set off because his drone was coming in from china is going to go berserk when he hears about this
LMFAO I think you might be talking about me😂😂 Your post gave me a good laugh😂
I have a DHL Express delivery date of Monday October 21. Let’s see how long it takes after that date for me to receive it🤦🏻‍♂️ Will keep you guys posted!😂

LMFAO I think you might be talking about me😂😂 Your post gave me a good laugh😂
I have a DHL Express delivery date of Monday October 21. Let’s see how long it takes after that date for me to receive it🤦🏻‍♂️ Will keep you guys posted!😂
There was another guy...I think you have stayed calm....the other guy was calling dji shady and really miffed

With all the insane hoops DJI has to jump through just to sell a wanted product in America, I'm just surprised I don't have to Drive to Canada and get one!...................Knock on wood
Depending on how smooth this Air 3S transaction goes, it will determine whether I'm going to purchase any more DJI drones after this. I don't want to be a pawn in this U.S.-China conflict.

Here's a more likely explanation of what's going on:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Too odd that this is happening around the time a DJI ban is being tossed around.Maybe Skydio and congress should be asked a few of these questions

Reactions: Rchawks
I can understand the feeling BUT think about it this way DJI IS way ahead in consumer Drone tech. and while in My opinion there are some Better Drone Models to choose from for Certain jobs. Those Drones will cost you at least 3 times what the DJI counterpart will cost.
Take for instance the GepRC Cinelog-- I.M.O. it is a far better Drone than the Avata 2 in flying ability, NOW too make the cinelog Do what an Avata 2 can do out of the box (as far as photographic equipment) will cost you another around a grand.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grizzfu