DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI ban in effect now?

It looks like a hi-tech modern place to work. Kinda like Google.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am in the UK so haven't a clue what's going on in America are DJI sales going to be banned if so what about all the stock shops have and second hand sales by current owners?

Real photo, courtesy Stefanik's staff member:

View attachment 178436
A real photo?
The thing with photos is that it's often easy to do a little detective work and track down the source of an image.
In just a couple of minutes I found this remarkably similar image:
i-ggcSsbZ-L.jpg

The caption reads:
Kunming Municipal Compulsory Rehabilitation Center
KUNMING - JULY 08: A Chinese policewoman (C) monitors female drug rehab patients working in a compound at the Kunming Municipal Compulsory Rehabilitation Center on July 8, 2005 in Kunming, Yunnan Province, China. About 5,000 drug addicts are treated here under compulsory orders after their first or second arrest, with 90 percent addicted to heroin, which enters Yunnan province from the neighboring Golden Triangle which includes parts of Myanmar, Laos and Thailand. China's major drug-problem province saw over 9,800 drug-related cases in the first six months of 2005, with 11,565 people arrested. Patients here hoping to kick the habit know their third arrest means forced entry into a labour-camp. (Photo by Guang Niu/Getty Images)

Ms Stefanik thinks she can fool folks with some very crude photoshopping to sell the fake story she's pushing.
It tells you a lot about her attitude to politics.

Just got this from DHL on my 3S shipment of one kit. However, the delivery date hasn't changed and it is already through Los Angeles. So we'll see. Perhaps the "ban" is more for big order wholesalers? Get out the popcorn.

Ship From:Ship To:
CNUS

EVENT CATEGORY
18 Oct 24 1:42 AM - Customs clearance status updated. Note - The Customs clearance process may start while the shipment is in transit to the destination. - CINCINNATI HUB,UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Further Details - Entry has been rejected by Customs Authorities.
Next Steps -
An attempt will be made to correct the entry and resubmit to Customs. A DHL representative will attempt to contact the consignee/importer or shipper if further information is required.

Last edited:
I am in the UK so haven't a clue what's going on in America are DJI sales going to be banned if so what about all the stock shops have and second hand sales by current owners?
As someone who does live in America, I can tell you they talk about banning lots of things every day. It's a popular thing to do in order to force people to make irrational decisions based on fear. For example, "vote for me or your opponent is going to ban (the thing you treasure most)". But, most things don't actually end up getting banned.

TLDR: DJI drones have not been banned in America.

Reactions: Myetkt
And all these government types who are protecting us from these insidious Chinese drones which are being used to transmit photos taken (even when the drone is shut off) are using their Chinese-made cell phones every day, all day, because a cell phone would never transmit information which might be useful to blackmail the users or leak government secrets....

Real photo, courtesy Stefanik's staff member:

View attachment 178436

Did you actually receive this photo from a staff member in Ms. Stefanik's office? Who and when? Or, were you making a joke?

If she's distributing this as a real photograph, I'd like to follow up and call some attention to it.

Reactions: Meta4
this is what some of us were worried about....

while the focus has been on the legislation that congress was working on, there was no logical way to predict what the various federal agencies responsible for implementing regulations would do. How the FCC would react under current regulations; how the FAA would react under existing guidleines. Now we see that US Customs can throw monkey wrenches in the DJI supply chain.

these federal agencies are not immune from congressional influence, even without new legislation explicitly targeting DJI (and Autel).

I think Chinese made drones will face a steady stream of obstacles even without the Countering CCP Drones act

this is what some of us were worried about....

while the focus has been on the legislation that congress was working on, there was no logical way to predict what the various federal agencies responsible for implementing regulations would do. How the FCC would react under current regulations; how the FAA would react under existing guidleines. Now we see that US Customs can throw monkey wrenches in the DJI supply chain.

these federal agencies are not immune from congressional influence, even without new legislation explicitly targeting DJI (and Autel).

I think Chinese made drones will face a steady stream of obstacles even without the Countering CCP Drones act

Agreed and read what I said in June 2024 about "no logical way to predict...." although I said it bluntly, the fact remains nothing is beyond the scope of the process and once again, we are caught flat-footed and we are at the mercy of the government to throw us a bone and go ahead and release the drones this time. Look, you can explain this is not the ban and is simply a paperwork issue and "nothing to see here" and yet again, we can miss the obvious red flags and warning signs of bad things are coming but we need a strategy to stem the unpredictable impending barrage and keeping our fingers crossed is not a strategy. I continue to believe some form of defacto confiscation is likely down the road.

• Sad
Reactions: TheRock
The saga continues:

As long as there's demand, they'll find workarounds to any ban or block the US can come up with.

DJI is not a common Chinese company, like those that flood the market with low quality copies, it's in pair with other top tech companies around the world, like Canon, Nikon, etc; they even own Hasselblad (although it operates independently), which are the best cameras around IQ wise.

The whole thing is very funny because almost everything you can buy in Europe or US these days, even from renown brands, is "made in China"; so your whole society is build up "made in China", from smartphones to power tools, to car parts, to computers, to clothes, to routers, to apps… everything; but the only problem seems to be the DJI products.

Hope this nonsense ends soon.

Reactions: TheRock
I can purchase a Computer, or Smartphone, or television, or Camera, or recorder, or GPS navigation system, or Aircraft Autopilot, or Security screening system,or hundreds of other products produced in China. SO....... what exactly did the Drone do? besides anger American producers of higher priced products and rich Karens with important friends.
Wonder if Elise Stafanik is behind this and how much she may be pocketing?

Reactions: Cafguy
Wonder if Elise Stafanik is behind this
She's likely the main driver for all of this madness.

A true American patriot here to help the people...

Reactions: Cafguy
See the abuse for yourself:

SORRY!
I know this is a very long topic and I dont want to change the subject at all BUT anyone out there with a mavic 2 want to copy that QR code and show it to your drone? I would be very interested on what would happen.

SORRY!
I know this is a very long topic and I dont want to change the subject at all BUT anyone out there with a mavic 2 want to copy that QR code and show it to your drone? I would be very interested on what would happen.

It would be cool if it still worked, but I'd bet real money that's disabled (rather, not included in the code at all) with the final firmware flash before handing off to packing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grizzfu