DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI batteries: Do they ever go on sale?

DJI makes a lot of batteries.
Which one are you referring to?

Just curious, looking to buy 3 more but can wait if DJI has them on sale in say the summer or when they have their sales.
DJI traditionally doesn't do "sales". They do play the marketing game from time to time on some stuff, but batteries for the most part isn't one of them. Batteries are DJI's (And most other major makers) money market. For instance Phantom 3 batteries where right at $150 when the P3 hit the market and stayed at that price for right at about 3 years. DJI says who can sell their stuff and sets a price that they must sell it, at least for a period of time....beyond that the seller is taking a loss in profit in most cases.

Another case in point on the P3 series is when a third market provider tried to market their brand to work in a Phantom...DJI released firmware and blocked their use... DJI wants DJI's money...and again Batteries are one of their cash cows :)

The only time I've ever seen a DJI battery cheaper than RRP (and never DJI, only resellers) is when the drone is virtually obsolete, and they are 'clearing out' batteries for these.
Usually older models like the Spark and M1P.
Like anything battery run, they make a heap on battery sales, a bit like new car sales make their $ in servicing and parts.

Just curious, looking to buy 3 more but can wait if DJI has them on sale in say the summer or when they have their sales.
Here in the US Best Buy occasionally put original Air batteries on sale (I picked up a couple a few months after my Air, long before the 2 or the 2S came out). I don’t remember how much I paid but want to say it was $50 or so as opposed to $80 list. I’ve also seen Mavic 2 batteries on sale there, but not since I’ve gotten a Mavic 2.

Reactions: BobbyLashley
Here in the US Best Buy occasionally put original Air batteries on sale (I picked up a couple a few months after my Air, long before the 2 or the 2S came out). I don’t remember how much I paid but want to say it was $50 or so as opposed to $80 list. I’ve also seen Mavic 2 batteries on sale there, but not since I’ve gotten a Mavic 2.

Mavic Air batteries are now obsolete ?
None in the Aussie DJI store, found one with online reseller just now, AUD$333, that's about US$258 !!

Grab some if you find them cheap, but work into the flights rotating them in sequence with older batteries.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the M2 was on shay ground, not sure it he M2E battery can be used on the MP2/Z, but if so and the M2E is kept as a pro use drone for a number of years more, that might be the MP2/Z saviour for battery supply.

I doubt those are going to be discounted any time soon since they are still rather new. You might be able to find some used batteries on eBay for a discount if you're into that kind of thing.

For my two cents worth...penny wise and dollar foolish to buy batteries from e-bay. Why would you risk the drone?

For my two cents worth...penny wise and dollar foolish to buy batteries from e-bay. Why would you risk the drone?
While obviously you can be "Ripped off". I have bought 2 batteries off Ebay. In some instances you simply have no choice to buy used. Inspire 1 batteries for instance. I bought a used battery off a Newbie that smashed/lost (?) his aircraft advertised it with 8 charges at half price of new.

I received it and did a quick check visually and on App and it showed 8 charges in App. I then cycled it down to 3.1 V a cell. Rested it for a hour and fully charged it. It reported charge capacity higher than the stock rating (DJI used to have this in Pilot App/ Go3). My Fly more batteries (3) which were new and about same charge cycles never reported as good. ;)

Simply for me this isn't my first rodeo dealing with Ebay and I have found almost 95% of the time sellers are genuine and will work with you, less get bad ratings, PayPal helps as well. And I would much rather have a used battery than was properly charged and stored than a 6 month old "new" that has sat on a shelf and went below 3.0V and battery chemistry has been compromised. A few short test flights will confirm a battery is of flight worthy status, but to each their own mate. :)

Try finding the specific retailers coupons for all there products in general or wait until a store is marking down purchases. I intermittently see stores offering 15% off their store products. It's a guessing and waiting game for general discounts and or coupons. It might be easier to find coupons with big retailers. Small retailers may give you a discount , if you give them a call directly.

Thanks for the feedback.

I should note that I won't buy used or aftermarket. It's just not worth the risk for me. I did find a local seller selling two used Air 2 batteries (OEM) for $75cdn each (which is a great price) but they said it's final sale and I don't know what the health is on them, so I won't risk it.

Would feel better just buying new. Plus doesn't new ones come with a 1 year warranty from DJI?

DJI traditionally doesn't do "sales". They do play the marketing game from time to time on some stuff, but batteries for the most part isn't one of them. Batteries are DJI's (And most other major makers) money market. For instance Phantom 3 batteries where right at $150 when the P3 hit the market and stayed at that price for right at about 3 years. DJI says who can sell their stuff and sets a price that they must sell it, at least for a period of time....beyond that the seller is taking a loss in profit in most cases.

Another case in point on the P3 series is when a third market provider tried to market their brand to work in a Phantom...DJI released firmware and blocked their use... DJI wants DJI's money...and again Batteries are one of their cash cows :)
I just bought two of those aftermarket Batteries for my original Mavic Pro! They work fine with no issues and they were $53.00 a piece!

For my two cents worth...penny wise and dollar foolish to buy batteries from e-bay
Why is buying on eBay penny wise but dollar foolish?

Thanks for the feedback.

I should note that I won't buy used or aftermarket. It's just not worth the risk for me. I did find a local seller selling two used Air 2 batteries (OEM) for $75cdn each (which is a great price) but they said it's final sale and I don't know what the health is on them, so I won't risk it.

Would feel better just buying new. Plus doesn't new ones come with a 1 year warranty from DJI?
Nope, DJI Batteries come with a 6 month, 200 cycle warranty. Whichever comes first. ;) As mentioned if I could find batteries brand new for my M2Z, I would be hesitant to buy them as while I could get a refund from DJI. I would have to go through all the hoops and time to get a replacement or refund. I have no clue how long they have set on a shelf, could be two years or more. However If I could find a used battery that was lightly used and stored correctly then a year old used battery would be a better investment IMHO.

As there is talk of the MA2, those batteries are still in production so a much safer bet to get a fresh battery from a retailer. Again to each there own and YMMV. :p

Last edited:
I just bought two of those aftermarket Batteries for my original Mavic Pro! They work fine with no issues and they were $53.00 a piece!
Reginald - from which aftermarket Mavic Pro battery supplier did you purchase your batteries? .... I have a friend in need of some replacement batteries for his Mavic Pro and he’s a bit hesitant about the aftermarket batteries.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk