Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

DJI Care refresh card expired

Subeybaja1

Reaction score
Reminder email from DJI went to spam and missed the deadline to renew for another year. While DJI had some promotion in 2018 to send them a video proving that the drone was in good working condition, they refuse to do that as of now. Anyone have any other insurance they have used? Hate to have an accident and have to replace or repair...Greatly appreciate any advice.

Flycaster

Reaction score
You might try your homeowners/renters policy, and see if you can get it covered under a personal article(s) rider, i.e. photography equipment......

It is a camera, it's just that it fights gravity!!! 🤪

Reactions: dawgpilot

Subeybaja1

Reaction score
You might try your homeowners/renters policy, and see if you can get it covered under a personal article(s) rider, i.e. photography equipment......

It is a camera, it's just that it fights gravity!!! 🤪
Thank you! The thought did occur to me and will try...

dawgpilot

Reaction score
Check State Farm if it's available in your state. Its only like $50-$60/year with no deductible to cover the drone on a Personal Articles policy through them.

Reactions: Subeybaja1

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Reminder email from DJI went to spam and missed the deadline to renew for another year. While DJI had some promotion in 2018 to send them a video proving that the drone was in good working condition, they refuse to do that as of now. Anyone have any other insurance they have used? Hate to have an accident and have to replace or repair...Greatly appreciate any advice.
They specifically told you no?
Last I looked, though it's been quite some time, the use of a video was still in their documentation about Refresh, though buried. That's why I laughed about their "promo".

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Found this in the highlight section of Refresh for M1Pro:

"Want to purchase DJI Care Refresh, but your product has been activated over 48 hours? Click here to learn how."

Mossiback

Reaction score
State Farm for recreational flying.

Dale D

Reaction score
About 1 1/2 years ago, after I got my Mavic Air, I applied to DJI for Refresh Care past the 48 hour deadline. They required proof that the aircraft was in flying condition by requesting certain data showing the aircraft to be functional or undamaged. I had to record the calibrations several ways and send it to them. I would go to the DJI website and search for DJI Refresh and go through their requirements. It was a bit complicated but I figured its out and indeed, did get the coverage which I subsequently was able to use after a crash! Good luck.

Dale D

Reaction score
About 1 1/2 years ago, after I got my Mavic Air, I applied to DJI for Refresh Care past the 48 hour deadline. They required proof that the aircraft was in flying condition by requesting certain data showing the aircraft to be functional or undamaged. I had to record the calibrations several ways and send it to them. I would go to the DJI website and search for DJI Refresh and go through their requirements. It was a bit complicated but I figured its out and indeed, did get the coverage which I subsequently was able to use after a crash! Good luck.
Hi- this is an addendum to my comment- I did a search for you and found this- see attachment screen shot. Google "DJI Care Refresh" and find the link to this page and go through the calibration requirements. For the Mavic 2w Pro is was $159.00. Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 8.22.11 AM.png

Reactions: Subeybaja1

Subeybaja1

Reaction score
They specifically told you no?
Last I looked, though it's been quite some time, the use of a video was still in their documentation about Refresh, though buried. That's why I laughed about their "promo".
Had repeated interactions with them and even received a call from China to tell me they would not let me renew but that I was a "priority" to them...that was the laughable part. They said to keep looking on their website for a future "warranty" in cases like mine. I am not the only one that missed a deadline on renewing the care refresh. In retrospect, some other insurance may be less expensive without a deductible.