DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care/Refresh program

SHRED

Reactions
I am getting ready to buy a package deal from B&H which includes the Care/Refresh package with the Mavic 2 Pro.

How is this program activated?
Do I need to buy it direct from DJI instead?

One of the review comments said they are having issues.

djicare.JPG

I would buy the Care Refresh direct from DJI after you buy the Drone. That way you know you'll get the activation code for sure. Be a shame to pay for it and then have the time limit run out on you.

Reactions: Thomas B and SHRED
That is so true. I bought a MP and didn’t buy care-refresh and the time ran out. What’s really bad is I haven’t even flown it yet.

That is so true. I bought a MP and didn’t buy care-refresh and the time ran out. What’s really bad is I haven’t even flown it yet.
You can still get it, you just have to be able to show it’s still properly functioning, I think with a video. Instructions should be on the DJI site.

As far as the original post, B&H is very reputable, of course, but unless there’s some significant discount it sounds like it may be better to just get it direct from DJI.

I would not get Refresh at all instead get State farm. It covers you no matter what. Refresh you have to send your drone to DJI which can't happen if you loose it or drowned it.So many horror stories about guys losing their drone or crashing in the ocean and DJI says tough luck , too bad for you.

I bought my Air from B and H with care refresh, it will automatically be linked to the serial number. I had no problems at all.

@SHRED, when you get your drone, you can verify that DJI Care has been activated by entering your aircraft serial number here.

Reactions: SHRED and WAXMAN
I purchased my Mavic 2 Pro from B&H last Thursday, received it on Friday. Already have 9 flights on it. I went ahead with the combo offering the Fly More package and the DJI Care. Still waiting on the email confirmation for the DJI care and just checked the website msinger provided and it's not listed yet. On B&H's website it clearly says that it will be "Emailed within 3-7 business days".

I'll give them a few more days until I reach out, but I've been a long time B&H customer and have no reason to believe they will do me wrong. I'm not at all worried about it..

As an FYI, and a long time B&H customer, I cancelled my order with them after they didn’t ship in 2weeks. I called them several times. Can you register it yourself?

Registering for DJICare directly with DJI was instantaneous, as was my recent return to them after a tree caught my MPP and dropped it 40-50 ft.

I emailed B&H and here is the reply:

Thank you for contacting the Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

By default, DJI Care Refresh purchased through B&H is auto-enrolled with DJI.

DJI was closed during the celebration of Chinese New Year from 2/4-2/11 and are catching up on activation codes from B&H. Any DJI Refresh purchased from B&H will be honored by DJI.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you for choosing B&H.

Reactions: DavidNDC
Hi All,

Is DJI care worth it for a Mavic Pro 2? I spoke with customer support and they've said that if it's lost, they don't provide coverage.

I plan on flying over water and unless the craft floats (I don't believe it does), then the potential for loss is there.

Also, does anyone have experience with third-party insurers?

Thanks!
Adam

You will need to have possession of the craft to return to DJI to be covered by refresh, a lot of people on here including myself have taken out State Farm PAP policies which run approximately $60. The PAP covers lost, crashed, stolen and water damage

Hi All,

Is DJI care worth it for a Mavic Pro 2? I spoke with customer support and they've said that if it's lost, they don't provide coverage.

I plan on flying over water and unless the craft floats (I don't believe it does), then the potential for loss is there.

Also, does anyone have experience with third-party insurers?

Thanks!
Adam

Check out GetterBack - it is not a float but when submerged it ejects a small “float” attached to a 100’ length of braid line - the float rises to the surface (hopefully, assuming it does not get snagged on something) and you can spot it, the pull up the drone (again, assuming it’s not snagged).

Water damage is most likely done at that point but you have it back for sending in to DJI for DJI Care

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman