DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh+: yes or no?

I bought the care refresh within 48 hours of my first flight based on recommendations from this group

I received my new mini 2 to. Only opened the box, did NOT power on anything, or install anything yet. I just read about DJI Care Refresh+.
Not sure if I need that or not. This will be my first drone, so maybe it is wise.

I could use some advise here, thanks. Pros, cons? Usefull?
I did it because its my first one also

I believe you get the opportunity to buy DJI Refresh at the time you register your new drone with DJI.
It will be self explanatory. You will have a time period to make your purchase.
It is all online thru your DJI Account
Be extra carefull when entering your email addy I made a typo error and it is not fixable even thru DJI support. Just a heads up
That’s how I have done it too.

You can get the extended + care any time in the first year as long as you have not used both of your replacement options.
AL

Reactions: DanMan32
I received my new mini 2 to. Only opened the box, did NOT power on anything, or install anything yet. I just read about DJI Care Refresh+.
Not sure if I need that or not. This will be my first drone, so maybe it is wise.

I added my Mavic air 2 and smart controller to my State Farm home insurance policy under a separate personal article policy for $75 a year. Lost, damaged, stolen, it’s covered.

Thanks for this info. Did start anything yet, but at the DJI store I see you can only buy 1 year, of 2 together with the drone. As I bought my drone elsewhere, that won't work.
Buying Refresh at the same time as the AC is the easiest way to do it, but you can buy it shortly after. If from DJI store, it will ask for your SN. If from elsewhere, I believe the dealer provides a voucher number. I've only bought Plus from a third party (DDS) for my Mini. I bought Refresh for M2 and Mini from DJI, and Plus for M2 from DJI.

Almost lost out on easy way for M2, as I waited past the 48 hours. But a few weeks later DJI provided a 72 hour extension as they found the Go app didn't offer Refresh for some people and they thought I was one of them.

I can tell you about my saga. In mid to early December I could no longer link up with the drone. Mavic air 2.
Went through with support and had to send it back. I had bought it in July so zI thought warranty. RIGHT!
WELL what was wrong wasn't covered. $411.00 later I got a new drone and controller yesterday. So the
Hell yes! I'm getting it on my replacement drone today!

What’s the advantage of DJI Refresh over the DJI standard 2 year warranty that comes with the drone.

Like most everything else, it is a matter of opinion as to purchase DJI refresh or not. Personally, I didn't and wouldn't. The only drone I purchased DJI refresh on is the Inspire 2. For me, it is just not cost-effective on the cheaper drones

Having only just purchased a MA2, I've been wondering the same myself so Im glad you posed the question.

My only concern is that it does not cover fly away or if you lose the drone into the water. Both these fill me with dread even before I've taken to the air.

Yes Yes and Yes again - DJI Refresh is well wroth it - does not matter if its your 1st or 10th drone - the unexpected can and will happen. Its cheap insurance for something it could a long time to save up for again it the drone breaks for what ever reason.
I have used DJI Refresh and am very thankful for it
I agree. Learned a expensive lesson!

The answer is yes. Don’t even debate it, it’s so cheap for what you get I wouldn’t be without it.

Hmmm, so I'm sitting here with my M2 activated 24hrs ago. I've bought 2yr Care Refresh from Jessops UK but was going to sell the code to my friend as he has just ordered an M2.

Replacement arms are £20 on Banggood and easy to fit so it would need to be well smashed to justify the cost of CR and excess fee. Though a damaged gimbal isn't as easy to fix. Hmmm... And I fly RC fixed wing helicopters and have a Mavic Pro so would hope I can react if flying towards trees etc.

What sort of damage have people experienced with a Mini?

And is it a 2yr warranty as standard? If it extends the warranty for a 2nd year that might swing it.

Standard warranty is only 12 months.
Refresh 2 year plan, or Refresh Plus add-on to existing Refresh extends the warranty another year.

Reactions: Aerotec
Agreed I also bought the dji care refresh for my mini drone.well worth the extra effort

Get it as soon as possible. DJI only allows a small window of opportunity. You will thank me. If you fail to get it when it is available and try to get it later ( which happened to me) DJI will force you to prove the air-worthiness with all sorts of documentation, screen grabs, etc. It is a real pain. Don't put yourself through that! Get it.
Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datkin