DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Customer Service

supcarlos

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum here, however i'd like to generally ask, what's everyone's view on DJI's customer service.. It appears that everytime something goes wrong with the products i purchase from them, they go out of their way to frustrate me.
Does anyone else experience this constant " I will forward this to a higher level support staff" only to be told that they will not lift a finger to help your case because its their 'Policy'.

In the age of Amazon and Apple.. I would expect better results from a billion dollar tech company.

Am I being unfair to them?

thnx in advance for your input

Reactions: Slade
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum here, however i'd like to generally ask, what's everyone's view on DJI's customer service.. It appears that everytime something goes wrong with the products i purchase from them, they go out of their way to frustrate me.
Does anyone else experience this constant " I will forward this to a higher level support staff" only to be told that they will not lift a finger to help your case because its their 'Policy'.

In the age of Amazon and Apple.. I would expect better results from a billion dollar tech company.

My experience has been largely positive. I've had two. One was a problem with the gibmal, manufacturing defect presumably, and they were very quick and shipped out a new unit so fast I was only down for a couple of days when I wouldn't have been flying anyway.

The other time was when the new one came in, there was some sort of software issue and it wouldn't take off. I called and the CS agent was completely unhelpful. He didn't seem to understand his own company's product's warnings/notices that I was seeing, and kept asking me if the battery was latched correctly (when it was clearly a software issue as it was getting power fine). We spent 5 minutes while he kept trying to figure out if I could see the "red battery warnings," and I eventually figured out he was talking to the red paint markers that show the battery is not latched (they were, and the battery had nothing to do the problem). He kept referring to the Mavic 2 Pro and asking me irrelevant questions and I had to tell him repeatedly it was an Air (even though he'd have had that up on his monitor). I finally gave up after he told me I'd have to send it back in. I then did the online chat, and the agent there was able to help me resolve the problem in about 3 minutes (I don't remember what it was, but something in DJI Assistant).

I've lucked out with them too. They were nice enough to charge for a repair to my P3 gimbal when I crashed it day after Christmas but clearly was a refurb. Only scuffle was asking to include, at my expense, replacement props to avoid their ridiculous shipping charges.

I did have another disagreement about wanting to pay for a repair rather than claim care refresh. Their quote was deceptive. Itemized for repair, but bottom line was price of refresh without specifically stating so.
It was early in the refresh period so I wanted to save it for another time.

Hi Everyone,

You expect fairness from a Communist company????

Reactions: supcarlos
I very recently spent a little over 4 hours with the online help. The problem was constant beeping on my MA remote controller. The rep insisted it was because I live in a unlock area (within 5 miles of Class C.). I had already performed the standard stick recalibration about 10 times with 100% readings on stick movement and stationary positions. “Oh, no, sir, it is because you are in an unlock area”. I tried the recalibration of sticks 5 times again and finally succeeded losing the beep. Again, 100% reporting of movements and stationary during and after each recalibration! Ended online support. The rep took it upon himself to order me a new remote controller. Problem is, DJI has my credit card number on file from other direct purchases and wanted to charge me. Nothing in the MA package has presented any problems since I bought the MA new in March 2018. After 5 additional emails back to DJI assuring them I did NOT order a replacement, the order got cancelled!

That was my experience with online support.
Rep was only reading from script and not optioned to explore.
Rep somehow empowered to place order on behalf of customer without customer’s knowledge and/or approval!

Hi Everyone,

They are a joke in my experience!

I have had good experience with my replacement. Their response time to emails is little slow. 24 hrs in my case.

Hi Everyone,

In my experience with them it may help to ask for a supervisor.They seem to be more on the ball.Another good reason to ask for a supervisor(everywhere)is that an entry level customer service person does not always want to pass it to a higher up to avoid the question-Why didn't you handle this

well i had one good experaiance and two bad unfortunately they can do what ever they want

I’ve only had to deal with DJI once back in my P3P days. I can say the experience was positive. The P3P was out of warranty and I lost video feed to my controller. Contacted them and they had me send the Drones “logistics” so they could help me diagnose. After they studied the files I was told the Drone would have to be sent for repair. They sent me all the details of where, what and how to send the aircraft away to get repaired. I paid for all expenses due to out of warranty but I feel they treated me fairly and resolved the issue quickly.

Used Refresh once and it was faultless - 10 days from sending in and receiving a new replacement MA

If i may add. I'm wondering if customer service is OK, until you have to contact them... that is once you talk to them it falls off a cliff..

In my experience, they are usually unable to do anything, and always have to have a 'higher level' manager contact me, only to tell me she will also submit my request to their manager.

In my case, my remote came back broken from a Care Refresh claim, they offered me a UPS Ground label to ship to CA, which would take 4 days there + 4 days back.. noting that this was NOT my fault.. I found it very reasonable to ask for faster shipping, this way we can minimize the unnecessary downtime. A rep, told me to talk to a manager, the manager submitted my request to THEIR manager, who came back with an offer to UPS 3-day..

I found this quite insulting.. as i opened the request on June 20th.. and she came back with that offer on July 22nd with only 1 day improvement!!

If I had used their original label, i think i would have my issue fixed.

Today, i the issue is still open with no follow up from their part.

Overall, that level of customer support is pretty useless to me.

At no point did ANYONE say, I'm sorry for our crappy service, please accept this free extra set of props, or heli pad, or even DJI Credits/Coupon, not that i was expecting it, but it literally feels like DJI did not lift a finger to help out a customer.

I crashed my Drone on 6/25. You can see the thread here:

Opened a case with DJI Support. They sent me a shipping label, I uploaded my flight logs to them. Within 2 days of them receiving my drone I was told it would be replaced under warranty. I have DJI Refresh but it wasn't used. Approx. 4 days later I got replacement M2Z.

Pretty painless experience. Obviously if pilot error had been involved it wouldn't have been so painless. Logs and inspection of my drone had to show manufacturers defect.

Last edited:
Wow, that was really fast, the UPS labels they've supplied to me are for UPS ground = 4 days there and 4 days back!

Wow, that was really fast, the UPS labels they've supplied to me are for UPS ground = 4 days there and 4 days back!

Oh, they sent me UPS Ground shipping as well. 4 days to get there, 2 days to diagnose warranty replacement and then 4 days to get it back to me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure