DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji customer service

Yeah, in the future I would advise buying from a retailer, rather than buying direct from Dji.
I remember when I first brought my MAvic Pro 1 direct from DJi, I was one the first in UK to get one, and on first flight half the image from the camera was always out of focus (can anyone else remember the soft focus issue that plagued the original Mavic Pro?)
Anyway, to cut a long boring story short, had I brought the drone from a retailer, I could have taken it back and swapped it for another one, but because I brought from Dji direct I had to ship it to the Netherlands and wait for a fix/replacement, which took around 2-3 weeks. When I got the replacement, it was a different serial numbered drone and one that had clearly already a been used. (no protective stickers, finger prints etc).
So yeah, I never buy direct from Dji anymore. I always buy from a retailer.
Good luck with your problem, I am sure it will get sorted, just at Dji's Pace.

i wasn’t trying to make light of all you that are having problems, I really feel for you & hope you get sorted as soon as possible. I only referenced the poll as a means of showing that just because there are threads full of this issue, there are also plenty that have not had the problem. I know that means it’s a bit of a lottery, but it does show that the process can work.

Sad to read that some people have poor experiences with DJI. I, on the other hand, have had no negative experiences and my MA2 is performing flawlessly, as I’m sure are many others.

Mine was picked up today by UPS for return to DJI due to a physical fault on the controller.

Support was relatively decent, few delays waiting for correspondence, but expected at the moment. Usual nonsense of updating firmware / calibration testing etc and then a lengthy convoluted return process filling out endless forms, RMA, serials numbers.

Now the wait begins for the device to get back to them and (hopefully) the eventual return of my money.

I didn’t want to exchange it and I haven’t bothered re-ordering yet, still trying to decide if I should, but if I do it won’t be from DJI direct again. I lost all my excitement / interest after waiting so long and then receiving a faulty product that shouldn’t have made it through QC, kind of annoyed and dishearten to be honest. Knowing my luck I’ll probably end up with a second faulty unit.

Reactions: Mel 08
What response have people been experiencing through customer service.
My ma2 not worked out the box
Got it Wednesday
Customer service line via dji fly fobbed me off telling me not had complaint about 1112 error for a long time. I no that's utter twaddle.
Got a email from China wanting Serial numbers off virtually everything in the box..
Sent as well as pictures of proof of purchase and delivery note
Nothing back
Bombarded customer service today for 3 hours not getting any straight answers from them.

Have sent it back to supplier asking for a replacement.

Hope I don't regret it

I, for one, have been happy with DJI service. I have had one DJI Refresh replacement and two repairs without incident, all handled professionally. My problem with DJI is the language barrier. The English support is very broken English and I usually get frustrated and no help from those calls. I am thrilled that I was able to deal with the USA based facility in Texas. In addition, I have ordered the Osmo Pocket and Osmo Action directly from China with excellent and rapid shipment. My problems at this time are with China politically nut in this forum we cannot go there!

I have had good results from DJI overall but there is a certain level of employee on DJI support that you must get past. I just wanted to send my controller in for inspection and I got the serial number BS.. the guy wanted pictures of everything and after going round and round we lost connection..about 2 hours wasted. I waited until I had cooled down somewhat and called and just announced that I wasn't about to discuss the situation. That I wanted a shipping label. The controller is on it's way back... repaired. Stay tuned

I have had good results from DJI overall but there is a certain level of employee on DJI support that you must get past. I just wanted to send my controller in for inspection and I got the serial number BS.. the guy wanted pictures of everything and after going round and round we lost connection..about 2 hours wasted. I waited until I had cooled down somewhat and called and just announced that I wasn't about to discuss the situation. That I wanted a shipping label. The controller is on it's way back... repaired. Stay tuned

What was the issue with the controller out of interest? How long did it take to get there and repaired and on its way back to you?

What was the issue with the controller out of interest? How long did it take to get there and repaired and on its way back to you?
From California it goes to Texas..only three days. They say they replaced modules in both sticks and the gimbal wheel. The gimbal wheel at times controlled right and left movement. It wouldn't calibrate 100% and at the end it just wouldn't properly fly the drone. They repaired it within a couple of days but now it's been delayed in the mail. I'm anxious to get it back. It always seemed to have issues. I have a Air 2 now and it's really a big improvement but maybe my 1 was not a true representative.

Well I ordered my mavic air 2 directly from DJI so I think I'm screwed I have had it for 9 days now and doesn't look promising I'll get a reply before Monday as customer service is closed on the weekend
Mel 08, I debated whether to buy the ma2 from DJI or Amazon. Your post sealed the deal for me. Amazon customer service is excellent so I think I will deal with them, especially if I have to return it.

Mine was picked up today by UPS for return to DJI due to a physical fault on the controller.

Support was relatively decent, few delays waiting for correspondence, but expected at the moment. Usual nonsense of updating firmware / calibration testing etc and then a lengthy convoluted return process filling out endless forms, RMA, serials numbers.

Now the wait begins for the device to get back to them and (hopefully) the eventual return of my money.

I didn’t want to exchange it and I haven’t bothered re-ordering yet, still trying to decide if I should, but if I do it won’t be from DJI direct again. I lost all my excitement / interest after waiting so long and then receiving a faulty product that shouldn’t have made it through QC, kind of annoyed and dishearten to be honest. Knowing my luck I’ll probably end up with a second faulty unit.
Glad I'm not the only one with that kind of luck lol.
Good luck mate
Dreading my replacement coming

I there a batch # or other way to identify which lot that might have issues before opening? Just curious since mine hasn't arrive just yet.

I there a batch # or other way to identify which lot that might have issues before opening? Just curious since mine hasn't arrive just yet.
Can't see anything like a batch number on the box
Dji won't give me a reason for the fault. Saying it could be one of a few things

I got mine on the 14th it had a bad gimbal right out the box. I got on the online chat had a detailed right up already explaining the problem and what I had done to try and fix it. I got no run around they sent out a return for an exchange within the hour and I packed it all up and shipped the next day. It's going to California and as soon as they say it's in there they will ship out the replacement. so it was good for me so far but I really want my MA2 to play with..

I threatened to put all the correspondence up on YouTube.
Instantly their attitude changed.
Thing is I haven't got a clue how to do it ??
You have every right to threaten them and then carry through with the threat. If I was you I would still post it all on YouTube so that others in the same position know how to come to the bargaining table ready to deal and get results. Dji make decent equipment but their customer service is appalling and they need to be shown up.

Well I promised a update so I finally got a shipping label today shipping back tomorrow I'll update how new drone is when I get it took me threatening to post all my phone calls and emails on social media to finally get a return shipping label ohh so everyone knows started this on May 15th so just 10 days to get a shipping label and 9 phone calls and a two and a half-hour online chat just saying but as one person posted I'm just complaining

DJI received mine on tuesday still nothing from them on a replacement to be shipped there blaming covid-19 on everthing I just want a MA2 or my money back sp I can buy another one!!!

DJI received mine on tuesday still nothing from them on a replacement to be shipped there blaming covid-19 on everthing I just want a MA2 or my money back sp I can buy another one!!!
Out of the 4 of us that bought them.
None of them activated.
1 was bought directly from dji.
3 of us now flying
Guess which one isn't
Cheers Mel

Reactions: kidroc
Service is definitely lacking. I've been trying for over a week to return an MA2 that is brand new in unopened box. Every day I receive 1 reply from them with "another question" about the return. I sent them multiple pics in the first email along with a copy of the receipt. At this point I feel like they're dragging this out to 14 days so they can so "too late for return". Thinking about going on twitter, facebook, instagram, etc. to voice my concerns and see how fast they respond. I've never dealt with a company with such poor service which is strange because of how big DJI is and what great products they have. I already have an MA2 and love it. Purchased it at a local hobby shop while waiting for the one I ordered online from DJI. Wish someone at DJI would see this email. Sighs.

Don't let the bad experience sour you on the product and prevent you from the enjoyment you will get once you have a working unit. I have only had my MA2 a week now and I can't stop flying the thing. It handles so much better and does so many more things than my P3A did. I would have really lost out if I had a problem with it and returned it without asking for a replacement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15