DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI drones broadcast operator location

I believe the Law says that"
It is unlawful for any person to use an electronic GPS device to track someone without consent. Stalking is a course of conduct where someone uses a GPS tracker to monitor someone without their consent. It is unlawful for any person to use an electronic GPS device to track someone without consent.

All the above says it all and if you are flying legal you will have nothing to worry
And of course no one would ever do anything Unlawful. Sure, we have nothing to worry about......

Is this software publicly available or only distributed in Ukraine?
I completely understand if you don't want to reveal what software you are using for this, I'm just curious.

I have tried ciajeepdoors on GitHub (won't link here so my comment doesn't get removed) which is a script that allows you to modify the "privacy bits", however new firmwares and DJI Fly versions disable such ability, so I couldn't get it to work.
I will post the link.

Also, it is a good practice to avoid unnecessarily updating your DJI drones just because the update usually just block the ability of the end user to regain some of his privacy and control over his own drone.
Always read the release notes of the new firmware update.

Reactions: Jam0ne and rgarjr
Encryption is a joke look at the US Marshall computers being hacked.
Encryption in and of itself is just set a of algorithms. Used properly, it's difficult to nearly impossible to crack. With the current technology, it would take millions of years for a fast computer to crack something encrypted with something like SHA-256.

Encryption has nothing to do with the recent security breach with the US Marshals Service. A standalone system was hacked with ransomware. What probably happened as the person using that machine clicked on some malware that installed malware on that machine and then started pulling data from that machine. The only good thing you can say about that attack was that it stayed with that system and the attackers didn't access the information store for the Witness Security Program (aka the Witness Protection Program).

Reactions: GrowingPlanetMedia
Also, it is a good practice to avoid unnecessarily updating your DJI drones just because the update usually just block the ability of the end user to regain some of his privacy and control over his own drone.
True, but I just like to keep everything up to date and not hack my drone just to be safe, as I still want to fly legally.
The script that you linked on GitHub doesn't work with new firmwares anymore, I have tried it a while ago.

DH also off target 🙂

Reactions: Yaros
DH also off target 🙂
Yeah, I don't use DH, well, only for parameter hacks rarely. I don't even own a DH license.

Where I fly there is no interference so I can easily get 6 km of range even in CE mode, I don't need to fly above 500 meters for safety reasons, and I don't fly in no-fly zones because Aeroscopes are common in Spain.

I believe the Law says that"
It is unlawful for any person to use an electronic GPS device to track someone without consent. Stalking is a course of conduct where someone uses a GPS tracker to monitor someone without their consent. It is unlawful for any person to use an electronic GPS device to track someone without consent.

All the above says it all and if you are flying legal you will have nothing to worry
Because we have no choice in consent with a remote ID module.

Reactions: Yaros
I have drone scanner and dronetag on my iPhone and thus far, have been unable to detect my drone in flight. Is there more I need to do than download and open that app?
You'll probably need something besides a crapple at least for a bluetooth broadcast.

d45s62h.png

• Haha
Reactions: Yaros and Tufargon
Because we have no choice in consent with a remote ID module.
The consent is only given to the authorities and not too every Tom **** and Henry, And as you can see in the header of this post "HACKER", there is hallways gonner be people trying to hack software regardless what it is Banks, Software, Government or other
I can only talk for me but when I take my Drone out I follow all the regulations and that's why I don't think Remote ID is a bad thing and someone wants to track me so be it!

I'm more worried about some lunatic trying to shoot down my drone than coming after me. My wife's family has a dairy farm out in Central NY. I've flown my drones out there often, with full permission. The last time I was out there, her cousin was operating some heavy equipment and wanted me to get some shots over it. Then we flew over some of the farmland and I brought it back in. His son pulled up a few minutes later to tell us that he got his shotgun out to shoot down "some drone". He was serious.

I had to explain to him that it was my drone, flown over private property with permission. I then explained that since the FAA regulates drone operations, it's not a wise move to shoot down an aircraft.

This is what has most drone operators concerned. Anyone with a smartphone and the appropriate app can use it to find the remote pilot. Sub-250g and flying recreationally does not require RID (unless the drone is registered for Part 107 commercial use).

Let the harassment begin.
Love the Shelby Cobra Roadster 👍🏼.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme