DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI fixes vulnerability that let potential hackers spy on drones - CNET

Makes me wonder if some of our flyaways that ended up 100% missing weren't actually steal aways. Another reason to firewall your phone from DJI's servers.

So it appears as long as you stay off DJI network and disable the return comms you are good to go. The ability to do so doesn't want to be discussed on this forum.

Is there any shortcoming to just putting your phone into "airplane" mode which would totally isolate your system?

I haven't let my drone talk to DJI servers in over a year. There is no shortcoming. I also force close the app prior to restoring network to the device.

Matter of fact, my DJI maps stopped working and it automatically switched over to the superior Google Maps, so this was an added bonus.

Reactions: LAZRTX
I haven't let my drone talk to DJI servers in over a year. There is no shortcoming. I also force close the app prior to restoring network to the device.

Matter of fact, my DJI maps stopped working and it automatically switched over to the superior Google Maps, so this was an added bonus.
Smart man.

Being that i'm 118 yrs old, could you show step by step on how you did that? Very interested in that.

Reactions: Carl36 and LAZRTX
Being that i'm 118 yrs old, could you show step by step on how you did that? Very interested in that.
Really depends on your device. iPhone you would have to manually enable airplane mode I would assume to take it off network.
On Andriod, I simply use Netguard Firewall to stop it talking to DJI.

Really depends on your device. iPhone you would have to manually enable airplane mode I would assume to take it off network.
On Andriod, I simply use Netguard Firewall to stop it talking to DJI.
No extra software or hacking needed on Iphone or Ipad, Just go to settings, srcoll down the the app in question, and turn off cellular data for that app. Simple. No need to have more software using resources in the background.

No extra software or hacking needed on Iphone or Ipad, Just go to settings, srcoll down the the app in question, and turn off cellular data for that app. Simple. No need to have more software using resources in the background.
What about Wifi? Can you stop that permanently too?

That's cool. At least you have some basic capabilities. What if you need limited network though, like Maps?
Who uses maps? I know where I am when I am flying... :D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones