DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.5.4 gives a slightly better range?

Yaros

Reactions
This is pretty strange, but these last two days I was flying with the new DJI Fly 1.5.4 and I think I was getting slightly better range. The first day I was able to fly 4.2 km away, yesterday I flew to 5 km and still had signal, incredible!
I'm in Europe on CE by the way!
Did anyone notice anything similar with their drones?

Yes , it's incredible , but you must consider if there any obstacle between the RC and the A2S , dry or wet weather make a difference also if you are in open space or not. i think you were in the best conditions, and it's a world record :)

Yes , it's incredible , but you must consider if there any obstacle between the RC and the A2S , dry or wet weather make a difference also if you are in open space or not. i think you were in the best conditions, and it's a world record :)
Well, the flight when I went 4.2km away was in fact in perfect conditions, I still had perfect signal but I returned because of battery getting low and thankfully made it back.

In the 5km flight it was nowhere near perfect conditions! There was a 300 m high mountain between me and the drone, and yes, I went higher than the mountain but still it's impressive! That's what really surprised me!

This is pretty strange, but these last two days I was flying with the new DJI Fly 1.5.4 and I think I was getting slightly better range.
That's unlikely to have anything to do with the app version.
It's quite normal for range to vary quite a bit with atmospheric conditions and local interference levels.

Reactions: Aairon and Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones