DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App Fee

Mr Mint

Reactions
Just curious but I just purchased a new Apple Iphone 11 and a DJI Air 2s. To my surprise there appears to be a fee that has to be paid to download DJI Fly app on the DJI web site. Is this correct about the fee or is there some place in the internet where I can download this app for free? Any comments would be appreciated. Mr Mint

Just curious but I just purchased a new Apple Iphone 11 and a DJI Air 2s. To my surprise there appears to be a fee that has to be paid to download DJI Fly app on the DJI web site. Is this correct about the fee or is there some place in the internet where I can download this app for free? Any comments would be appreciated. Mr Mint
There has never been a fee to download the app for flying.

Using the Iphone 11 how do you clear the cache? This is a brand new phone. I would think that the memory would be clear anyways I went to the DJI web site and that is where they want me to have to pay a fee for the download. Any further comments?

Reactions: Wild Wayne
Using the Iphone 11 how do you clear the cache? This is a brand new phone. I would think that the memory would be clear anyways I went to the DJI web site and that is where they want me to have to pay a fee for the download. Any further comments?
Post the link you are looking at.
DJI does not charge a fee for the Fly app.
I doubt they have started to just today.

You visited a bogus site ( got hijacked) so need to clear the iPhone cache and history.
IPhone 11 manual is on this page:
Again, DJI has no fees for downloading or updating their software.

I agree with you that there are no download fees but for some reason, after clearing the cache twice on my Iphone 11 and I am still prompted to having to pay for the download right on the DJI web site. I am really confused about this I am sure there is something wrong with my new phone but I can't figure it out. Why do I have to pay for something that is free? Any further comments?

I agree with you that there are no download fees but for some reason, after clearing the cache twice on my Iphone 11 and I am still prompted to having to pay for the download right on the DJI web site. I am really confused about this I am sure there is something wrong with my new phone but I can't figure it out. Why do I have to pay for something that is free? Any further comments?
The comments have been given to you, just read them again.
It sounds like you are not on the DJI website at all.

Go to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and have them fix it.... the phone I mean.

Can you post a link or a screenshot to show what you are seeing?

I am not sure how to post a screen shot because I am using my Iphone and desktop computer at the same time. The error message says that I have to log into my Apple account in order to pay for the download. I am sure that this is not the thing to do Any further comments. Thanks

I am not sure how to post a screen shot because I am using my Iphone and desktop computer at the same time. The error message says that I have to log into my Apple account in order to pay for the download. I am sure that this is not the thing to do Any further comments. Thanks
You are obviously not at the correct site.
But if you don't post any information to show where you are, it's hard to help you.

sounds to me like you just need to log into your apple account. Price is $0

I would recommend using the App Store on your phone. Search DJI Fly

Reactions: dirkclod
Just go to the App Store icon on your iPhone, you do have to be logged with your Apple ID to be able to download apps. Fly is free as several people have noted.. As are 1000s' of other apps. Of course some are not, but the one you want is free.

Sounds like a phony site wants you to enter your Alpe ID to access your Apple account...just google DJI download center on your phone and that will take you to a point where you can just click it and "get '" it

Reactions: Crash and Burn

I just went to my iPhone apple app store, and tried this with a free Airmap app.
It came up as I was logged in with account to be used, then after it said payment processed (free), so maybe if not logged in you will get a prompt to do so.

I don't have drones that use Fly, but just downloaded it and no fees whatsoever.
Try from the app store, just make sure it's listed as a DJI product there.

To use the Apple App Store as I noted above, You MUST be logged in with your Apple ID..

If you are NOT logged in, you will NOT be able to download and install anything, end of story..

Once you finally figure out how to get logged in with your Apple ID into the App Store, or you have successfully logged in, you can stop worrying about whether you think you have to pay for something for DJI Fly, you do not. Irregardless of what it you think it says. The only time a payment is needed is if the app actually costs something and its really clear that it does.. The Button will not say "Get" but will display the the cost of the app.

1619664420129.png

Note my picture above, When you get logged into the App Store, tap the search button on the bottom right, tap the search field, enter DJI Fly and tap the search button, there will be a list of matches, tap on DJI Fly, it should be at the top of the list, you will see the Get Button where mine says Open, because I already have Fly installed. When you tap the Get button for DJI Fly, you will get prompted to confirm to "Install" the DJI Fly app, if you have chosen an App that actually requires a payment, it will prompt you to confirm the "payment" and you will be billed for it against the credit card associated with your Apple ID.

Now there are many apps that you can download and install for free, however many of them also have in-app purchases that WILL cost you money, which may give you more features or get rid of Ads.. However DJI Fly does not do this.. its free and is required to operate The Mini, Mini 2, Mavic Air 2, Mavic Air 2S, and DJI FPV..

if you are not able to login to the App Store you will need to find someone else you know that has an iPhone or go to an Apple store and have them assist you in getting things going.... If you have logged in, go ahead and just download the app, you will not be charged anything,.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife