DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app overlay on main screen in galaxy note 20 ultra

afc2ops

Reactions
Query:
I've a note 20 Ultra, loaded the dji fly apk and opened only to be met with the following image at the main screen.
Question is, how do I get rid of this overlay? I've downloaded the firmware update (as of 05NOV21), tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting my phone, etc. No joy.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Overlay on dji fly interface.jpg
    Overlay on dji fly interface.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 23
Surely just tapping on where it says academy at the top and then exiting or tapping one of the options in the bubble then again exiting is enough?

Reactions: tlswift58
Query:
I've a note 20 Ultra, loaded the dji fly apk and opened only to be met with the following image at the main screen.
Question is, how do I get rid of this overlay? I've downloaded the firmware update (as of 05NOV21), tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting my phone, etc. No joy.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Have you tapped elsewhere on the screen? Don't think I ever got that message after loading the FlyApp. Is the Note20 Ultra on the approved list?

Also try having the RC and drone connected and powered on prior to opening the FlyApp to see if it bypasses that main screen that only appears on my devices when I'm simply in the FlyApp and the RC / drone are not connected.

Surely just tapping on where it says academy at the top and then exiting or tapping one of the options in the bubble then again exiting is enough?
I wish it were. I've tried tapping everywhere on the screen, including the three options listed, but no joy.

Have you tapped elsewhere on the screen? Don't think I ever got that message after loading the FlyApp. Is the Note20 Ultra on the approved list?

Also try having the RC and drone connected and powered on prior to opening the FlyApp to see if it bypasses that main screen that only appears on my devices when I'm simply in the FlyApp and the RC / drone are not connected.
Yes, I think every pixel even. ;)

the approved list says note 20, but not specifically ultra, although I've heard from other ultra users their phones work just fine, hence the added effort to find a work around.

I may not have accurately connected them before, and user error is always the first concern so I'll give that a go. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, I think every pixel even. ;)

the approved list says note 20, but not specifically ultra, although I've heard from other ultra users their phones work just fine, hence the added effort to find a work around.

I may not have accurately connected them before, and user error is always the first concern so I'll give that a go. Thanks for the suggestion.
Yes, I have the same issue, Samsung S21 Ultra 5G. Took the same steps removed the app reinstalled down loaded both updates and can go no further. Will try the powering the RC and drone see if that makes a difference.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath