DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App will not allow me to take off

AirMap is not an authoritative source of TFR information. You should know that as a Part 107 pilot.

That said, this particular TFR was cancelled before its listed expiration date - it is no longer active. The DJI geo database often doesn't pick up prematurely cancelled TFRs unless notified.

!FDC 9/3067 ZLA CA..AIRSPACE LOS ANGELES,CA..TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS WI AN AREA DEFINED AS 5 NM RADIUS OF 340636N/1182840W (SANTA MONICA VOR/DME SMO335006.1) SFC-5000FT TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR FIRE FIGHTING AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(2) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT. LOS ANGELES FIRE DEPARTMENT, TELEPHONE 323-881-6119 OR FREQ 118.950/THE GETTY FIRE, IS IN CHARGE OF THE OPERATION. LOS ANGELES /ZLA/ ARTCC, TELEPHONE 661-265-8205, IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY. 1910281448-1912280747
There’s the crux of this type of problem, which it seems is not to uncommon. Without blame intended, DJI’s programming is not well aligned with LAANC even for many fixed NFZs.

First of all, thanks for your help Dan, I am here to learn. ;)

I am troubled by your statement that I have chosen to ignore a TFR, as an 107 Certified Pilot and Air Map user I see no list of any advisories. I assume that Air Map would let me know.

I think the problem here is I live in an area that is surrounded by state and national parks and the DJI FLY app does not have the resolution to determine that I live is a small finger of un restricted airspace
I made the statement that you're choosing to ignore a TFR because I showed you the TFR and the authorization zone correlating to the zone you have issue with but you're still fighting it without considering that your other sources may be in error.

Now SAR has presented a case that the TFR was cancelled, which would be a valid argument against the authorization zone, though I personally don't see the cancellation.

Now SAR has presented a case that the TFR was cancelled, which would be a valid argument against the authorization zone, though I personally don't see the cancellation.

There is no ambiguity on that point - the TFR was cancelled. It's no longer listed as current and is listed as cancelled.

Can you show where? Your post only showed the TFR details, not its cancellation. I was also concerned and questioned why the FAA location I found the TFR does not show the cancellation.

There is no ambiguity on that point - the TFR was cancelled. It's no longer listed as current and is listed as cancelled.
What you quoted was towards the OP's objection to my comment to him for appearing to want to ignore a TFR that up until you're finding it cancelled, was believed to be in effect. He didn't seem to believe the TFR applied to him.

What you quoted was towards the OP's objection to my comment to him for appearing to want to ignore a TFR that up until you're finding it cancelled, was believed to be in effect. He didn't seem to believe the TFR applied to him.

I agree - I was making a similar point in post #20.

What's the link to where you found that?
I realized Google is pointing me to saved pages under tfr.faa.gov so may be a cached link. Still, should show status as it is a direct FAA reference. tried root of tfr.faa.gov and can't find the notam at all.

I believe you but just trying to find a reliable source for TFR/NOTAM that includes cancelled ones and shows they are cancelled.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman