DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly Only with the 3?

Ang

Reactions
So there is no way to use DJI Go 4 with the Mavic 3 Right? I have a 2 Pro with the DJI Go 4 App, And a Family member has an Air 2 with the DJI Fly App, Its Super basic and dumbed down, i want the pro design and layout of having all my important information right on the screen. between that and the new horrible controller design that they started on the Air 2, It makes me not want to ever upgrade to a 3. Yes i know there is the Pro controller and the non pro whatever controller with the screen, so the pro controller solves that problem, But the App Interface being basic and dumbed down is a big problem.

between that and the new horrible controller design that they started on the Air 2,
Have you tried the RC_N1/RC231 in your hands?
When I was looking at it, for the Mini 2, I thought "naah big and bulky compared to the foldable controllers", for the Mavic Mini and m2p/z, but when I got the RC_N1/RC231 in my hands I have to admit I like the feel of it.
Yes, I would prefer foldable and swivelable antennae and the "C" buttons on the underside but I quite like the phone clamp.

That said the fly app itself is a pile of doda compared to the Go4 App. I loath, with a passion, those accursed height and distance sliders, they are so 'blooming' inaccurate.

The Smart Controllers (the original one and the new Pro one) feel much better in my hands than the RC-N1 controller. The sticks have much more precision and substance on the SC and SC Pro also.

The app is a bummer for those that used Go 4 before. When the Mavic 3 came out they made changes to the Fly app to bring some Go 4 functionality over, such as how the collision sensor information was displayed, but it didn't go very far. Yeah, I hate those sliders for their imprecision.

The Fly app does take some adjustment time, but you would not be disappointed going to the M3.

I would fly my Air 1 more if it wasn’t for the poor controller and go4 app. I could never see where those flopping antennas made any difference at all, I don’t like the phone holder because it doesn’t hold well…on and on. One of the updates to the fly app defaulted to auto ISO but that could be easily reset. I don’t feel the app is dumbed down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burt12