DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly vs Litchi - is it worth it ?

What app are you using at the moment with your drone?

• Total voters

Yaros

Reactions
I have been using the DJI Fly app for 5 months now and got used to it pretty quickly with my Mavic Air 2.
However I have seen people saying that the Litchi app is better in some ways, is that true?

What are the advantages / disadvantages of both apps?
I know litchi has waypoints, that's useful, but what more?

i fly with the fly app and the GO4 on my two DJI drones
Litchi does not interest me ,personally ,as i very rarely fly in auto modes
and i have waypoints on my MPP, and on my new zino se, i dont have to fly the mission first i can just choose the way points on the map, unlike the MPP where you have to fly the mission before you can repeat it
Litchi is something you either need or not ,its a personal choice

Yes. DJI software is unreliable. My drone fies beter and has better contact with lichi than with DJI software. Now my drone RIP's because of dji software. It's a revenue model of DJI to make bad software.

You rarely replace the DJI app with Litchi ... Litchi is a complement which mainly provides waypoint flights, & you can't ditch the DJI completely either as it have settings which Litchi doesn't have.

What does Litchi cost for the mini-2?

Thx,

TCS

I don't see where anybody else mentioned this...

Litchi isn't the same as Fly, but it can be used to fly the drone manually if you want.

Litchi lets you sit at a PC and plan a mission on a map, then go out into the field and Litchi will fly the drone for you. If a mission needs to be repeated, like a construction project or the irrigation in parks, Litchi makes it easy to repeat it.

It's hard to avoid little hitches when flying by hand, and easy to plan and tweak with Litchi to get a smooth fly over or fly by. It interpolates between waypoints and changing points of interest to make a very smooth flight.

I don’t even fly missions with Litchi, just prefer the overall format to FLY and it works with my iPad mini 4 while FLY no longer does. Using a mini 5 now with FLY as it’s very power hungry since updates.

Dronelink is not on the list and is the most I use other than the DJI fly app and DJI 4...

I use Maven for my waypoint missions planned on my iPad & it is faultless.
I'd love to see one of your waypoint missions. I've yet to see a faultless waypoint mission using virtual sticks. I've read where Maven seems to do the best but not faultless.

Waypoint mission flying example with dronelink. Mapping.

1.jpg

Yes. DJI software is unreliable. My drone fies beter and has better contact with lichi than with DJI software.
This is nonsense.
Using a different app doesn't change the way the drone flies.
What aspect of the DJI flight software do you think is unreliable?
Now my drone RIP's because of dji software. It's a revenue model of DJI to make bad software.

What makes you think the software crashed your drone?
If you post the flight data from your incident, it will probably reveal waht actually happened and I'd be more than surprised if it was due to software.

I'm was leaning towards getting Dronelink because it seems you can do a little more with it like combining waypoints with other moves like orbit. But, the basic is $25, the next level that gives the features I want like mission preview is $50, and to get all the features is $100. So, I might try Litchi first, and see how much I actually use it.

Reactions: Yaros and zeusfl
I am not sure if Dronelink still have the trial. Let me find out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78