DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly vs Litchi - is it worth it ?

What app are you using at the moment with your drone?

• Total voters
Do you mind sharing what device you use and if you like it? I'm honestly on the fence of actually getting an IOS device just so I can use Maven.
Sure no problem at all I use a ipad pro 12.9 2021 with the lifthor mount to hold the ipad and I mount them on a tripod so you do not have to hold the remote and the pad. And yes I love it alot I love the larger screen to align shoots better and the tripod holder so I can fly all day without getting tired from holding the remote. I would only suggest the newest ipads pro or mini because they have the larger processor in them and are really fast and all the apps that needs virtual sticks require alot more power and battery juice then with the drones and you load the waypoint on the drone.

Reactions: Tufargon
Sure no problem at all I use a ipad pro 12.9 2021 with the lifthor mount to hold the ipad and I mount them on a tripod so you do not have to hold the remote and the pad. And yes I love it alot I love the larger screen to align shoots better and the tripod holder so I can fly all day without getting tired from holding the remote. I would only suggest the newest ipads pro or mini because they have the larger processor in them and are really fast and all the apps that needs virtual sticks require alot more power and battery juice then with the drones and you load the waypoint on the drone.
Thanks! A bit out of my price range hehe.

I know it's a late reply buy yes, this was confirmed to me by DJI. The DJI warranty is NOT applicable if you are using a third party app when you crash
Despite the number of times this is repeated \in forums and even by some ignorant DJI support staff, it's not true.
DJI's warranty wording is clear and simple it says that the warranty does not cover:
Damage caused by using your DJI product together with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that
is not authorized by DJI.

If loss or damage to your drone is caused by 3rd party software, DJI don't cover it.
If damage or loss is due to a DJI manufacturing/design problem, the warranty still covers it.

DJI's support people can be quite unreliable as a source of accurate information.

Despite the number of times this is repeated \in forums and even by some ignorant DJI support staff, it's not true.
DJI's warranty wording is clear and simple it says that the warranty does not cover:
Damage caused by using your DJI product together with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that
is not authorized by DJI.

If loss or damage to your drone is caused by 3rd party software, DJI don't cover it.
If damage or loss is due to a DJI manufacturing/design problem, the warranty still covers it.

DJI's support people can be quite unreliable as a source of accurate information.
100% true. Thumbswayup

I know it's a late reply buy yes, this was confirmed to me by DJI. The DJI warranty is NOT applicable if you are using a third party app when you crash
Well, so much for Litchi then. I bought it, but I haven't used it yet. Maybe just as well, in light of this.

On the other hand, I could try it with my Mini-1, which I bought used, and which has no warranty in effect.

Will Litchi run with the Mini-1?

Thx,

MM-FPV!

Well, so much for Litchi then. I bought it, but I haven't used it yet. Maybe just as well, in light of this.

On the other hand, I could try it with my Mini-1, which I bought used, and which has no warranty in effect.

Will Litchi run with the Mini-1?

Thx,

MM-FPV!
Dude...sir... lighten up. Litchi is not going to damage drone. I have used for both mini and mini2. Works fine. Few new features compared to DJI Fly. Litchi was developed due to limitations of DJI. Google on web about it. You wont be disappointed. Other comments are from detractors that have not used Litchi. Majority of Litchi users rate it well, not perfect, but at or better than DJI Fly.

Reactions: Yaros
Dude...sir... lighten up. Litchi is not going to damage drone. I have used for both mini and mini2. Works fine. Few new features compared to DJI Fly. Litchi was developed due to limitations of DJI. Google on web about it. You wont be disappointed. Other comments are from detractors that have not used Litchi. Majority of Litchi users rate it well, not perfect, but at or better than DJI Fly.
Litchi can damage the drone if you're not careful. However, if you use it well, especially with a Mini 2, it's worth it.
I have Litchi and an Air 2, I don't use it often because the only new feature it brings to my drone is Waypoints, which with virtual sticks doesn't work well.
I was scared using it the first couple of times, mainly because its sketchier interface compared to DJI Fly, but I can say now that it is pretty reliable.

I already have Litchi. I bought it primarily for the waypoint capability. Once this ice age at least abates a bit, I'm definitely going to check it out on the Mini-1.

But my other Minis are all under warranty. I think the suggestion is, that if you fly Litchi under warranty, and you ding it up for some reason (Litchi-cause of not), that DJI might deny your warranty claim.

I just don't want to deal with that kind of thing.

Does anyone here have any examples on either side, a case when a warranty claim while using Litchi was accepted, or a case where a warranty claim while using Litchi was denied?

Thx,

MM-FPV!

Litchi can damage the drone if you're not careful. However, if you use it well, especially with a Mini 2, it's worth it.
I have Litchi and an Air 2, I don't use it often because the only new feature it brings to my drone is Waypoints, which with virtual sticks doesn't work well.
I was scared using it the first couple of times, mainly because its sketchier interface compared to DJI Fly, but I can say now that it is pretty reliable.
Please explain further how Litchi can damage the drone. Just curious.

You mean besides the countdown and the "This drone will self-destruct" message? lol
:p
I was wondering. The Phantom 4 Pro+ I had for 4 years was flown with LItchi for at least 3 years with no glitches, crashes due to Litchi or self destruct messages.

Being not careful while using Orbit mode, crash sideways.
Plan Mission with very low altitude
Not knowing the software
And so on...

All joking aside pilot-error and software glitches are at risk with any software.

The main issue being should you have damage or a fly-away DJI Care will not cover you if you're using software other that their own to fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent