DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly vs Litchi - is it worth it ?

What app are you using at the moment with your drone?

• Total voters
Being not careful while using Orbit mode, crash sideways.
Plan Mission with very low altitude
Not knowing the software
And so on...
Sounds more like operator error than Litchi's fault

Reactions: Okie and Tufargon
But my other Minis are all under warranty. I think the suggestion is, that if you fly Litchi under warranty, and you ding it up for some reason (Litchi-cause of not), that DJI might deny your warranty claim.
Did you miss post #49 ?

Being not careful while using Orbit mode, crash sideways.
Plan Mission with very low altitude
Not knowing the software
And so on...
None of those would be a case of Litchi damaging the drone.
They are all cases of the operator damaging the drone.

Reactions: Yaros
It's the grandson of the mythical Mini-3!

View attachment 147329

MM-FPV!
DJI MINI 5, shipping Q2 2024!
None of those would be a case of Litchi damaging the drone.
They are all cases of the operator damaging the drone.
The way that insurance claims tend to go is they will take any exclusion they can get.
If you're using both their hardware AND their software then there's less loopholes for them.

DJI MINI 5, shipping Q2 2024!

The way that insurance claims tend to go is they will take any exclusion they can get.
If you're using both their hardware AND their software then there's less loopholes for them.
If the damage can be shown to be caused by a DJI fault , they honour the warranty claim.

If the damage can be shown to be caused by a DJI fault , they honour the warranty claim.
Yeah, I think you may have mentioned that already in this thread.

Unless I'm getting it wrong, you're either missing or ignoring the software angle.
Should the software used to fly the drone be a factor in the fault then the fault will not be covered if it's not DJI software nor would I expect them to.

To be clear I'm not knocking DJI or Litchi.

Yeah, I think you may have mentioned that already in this thread.

Unless I'm getting it wrong, you're either missing or ignoring the software angle.
Should the software used to fly the drone be a factor in the fault then the fault will not be covered if it's not DJI software nor would I expect them to.

To be clear I'm not knocking DJI or Litchi.
I'm not missing or ignoring anything.
It should be obvious that if the software causes crash or loss, then the warranty doesn't apply.
That's exactly what the warranty says !
In analysing hundreds of flight incidents, I've never seen one that could have been blamed on Litchi .... but plenty that were due to the way an operator used Litchi.

Reactions: snowghost
I'm not missing or ignoring anything.
It should be obvious that if the software causes crash or loss, then the warranty doesn't apply.
That's exactly what the warranty says !
In analysing hundreds of flight incidents, I've never seen one that could have been blamed on Litchi .... but plenty that were due to the way an operator used Litchi.
Of course operator error is likely the biggest factor.

And got it, I was not aware that you had analyzed hundreds of Litchi-flown incidents.

This is software I am strongly considering purchasing but I was planning to only use it for my P3 while the Air 2 was under DJI Care.
Your analysis makes it more likely that i may use it for the MA2 sooner rather than later.

Dronelink is the worst with smoothness and the camera jerks all over the place like the camera is trying to find something. Dronelink just had the best backend of the software where you preview the flight add more then 1 comman to a mission and you can use your air 2 for mapping with dronelink.
For each mission, check your motion limits in settings. If you haven't tried this, set your Deceleration and Acceleration rates as in this image. These numbers smooth the flight out a great deal. The default numbers are too harsh.

setttings.JPG

For each mission, check your motion limits in settings. If you haven't tried this, set your Deceleration and Acceleration rates as in this image. These numbers smooth the flight out a great deal. The default numbers are too harsh.

View attachment 147366
So what would you suggest for the settings to avoid the jerkiness?

So what would you suggest for the settings to avoid the jerkiness?
Hi, Rexster1505,

The Deceleration and Acceleration numbers in the image I posted are the numbers you'd want to use. The default numbers built in are higher and that speed is too much for smooth flights. Actually the H. Deceleration could be -3.3 like the others. So you'd have something like this:

H. Deceleration: -3.3
H. Acceleration: 3.3
V. Deceleration -3.3
V. Acceleration 3.3
R. Deceleration -1.0
R. Acceleration 1.0

Credit goes to someone on this forum in an older post. It really makes a difference, I'm going to experiment with lower numbers as well.

The only problem is you have to set this for each mission. I asked them if it could be set as the default and the answer was no. But, at least once your mission settings are put this way, it stays that way for that given mission.

I hope it helps!

Joe

Hi, Rexster1505,

The Deceleration and Acceleration numbers in the image I posted are the numbers you'd want to use. The default numbers built in are higher and that speed is too much for smooth flights. Actually the H. Deceleration could be -3.3 like the others. So you'd have something like this:

H. Deceleration: -3.3
H. Acceleration: 3.3
V. Deceleration -3.3
V. Acceleration 3.3
R. Deceleration -1.0
R. Acceleration 1.0

Credit goes to someone on this forum in an older post. It really makes a difference, I'm going to experiment with lower numbers as well.

The only problem is you have to set this for each mission. I asked them if it could be set as the default and the answer was no. But, at least once your mission settings are put this way, it stays that way for that given mission.

I hope it helps!

Joe
Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123